GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

First, a big Thank You for every one on this forum for creating this and continuously adding content that us newbies can learn from. I have been lurking and researching for several weeks and last week I decided to get this done.

In terms of pricing, a lot of what I learnt from this forum was very very useful. I simply could not find a dealer in the bay area that would match SoCal (Keys, Ryder) leasing prices....that simply was not happening. And there was no way I was going to drive down there. The strange thing is the total discount you could get for cash price was very similar between SoCal and here, but somehow they are able to structure the lease in a very attractive way.

So, I decided to buy it..considering all the rebates, it seemed like a reasonable deal in the long term vs a lease.

I would like to recommend Valentin Rosas, Fleet manager at Momentum Chevrolet. Here's also my Yelp review on this subject.

Now, onto enjoying my Ash Gray Volt and learning about all the cool features! (my first research was the radio "off" button - LOL - enjoyed all the comments on *that* thread!)

My Yelp Review:

WOW! A car dealership that is a PLEASURE to do business with!

I bought a Chevy Volt yesterday and the experience was simply the best car buying experience I have ever had.

Chevy itself is a big leap for me, having been a Honda guy all my life. Took the plunge based on the raving review of Volt (and the free car chargers at work!). Tried a few random dealers in the peninsula - classic nightmare car buying experience - car not charged up, don't have model (after confirming it is on the phone), going back on pricing after agreeing to it on the phone etc.

I registered through the costco website to get a recommendation and got introduced to Valentin Rosas @ Momentum Chevrolet. Wow, what a difference a good sales person makes to the buying process!

In the first few minutes of our call, it was clear Valentin was for real...I told him the exact model I wanted, he called me back in 20 minutes after he found it (in the exact color too!) In the next 5 minutes we agreed on pricing, that was it! He had the car cleaned up and when I went there on my appointment time, he was ready with my paperwork!!!! The numbers added upto the penny of what he quoted.

Then we go over to finance to complete the paperwork and I am expecting hardsell on "undercoating", rustproofing and theft protection!! And zilch, nada, absolutely no BS, I sign away the paper work and we are done in 5 minutes at finance!!

This has got to be my best car buying experience!! Absolutely efficient and fantastic!

Thank you, Valentin and Thank you, Momentum Chevy!

Subbu

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Congratulations! You are really going to forget you ever owned a Honda, the Volt is that good! Having access to free charging will put your energy costs so low as to be unbelievable. Enjoy the drive.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congrats on the new Volt! We have a number of chargers at our office but charge is $1.00 per hour. As you would expect, only cars that use them are Leafs and Sparks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts