GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Boe Tie owner for many years bought Volt 27 th June 2013. gm drops price by$5k in August. should I pursue GM to rebate my car as well?
great way to reward a loyal customer.
PS best car every so far especially when it comes to gas mileage or if you have shorter communtes. 66 klm charge keeps me going most days ,I have only put $140 dollars in gas since purchase on 5,000 klms...and that was a shakedown drive to Stowe VT included!
anyone else in ontario have experience with this sticky pricing issue?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Did you pay cash for the car? The 5k drop on the 2013 was cash purchase only in Canada.
Also it's October why you asking now?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Don't pursue. GM is not going to make retroactive rebates.

My philosophy, When I buy expensive things, such as the Volt, I do it knowing that I am happy with the value I am getting for the $ I spend. There can always be found a better deal. You just need to be happy with the deal you made at the time. That way if the price drops later it really does not matter, I am still happy with what I paid ... I am also happy for future buyers who may pay less.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
financed at 0% thru scotia bank. I had heard about the reduction in United States last month but did not see anything on Canadian pricing until yesterday. only owned it for 102 days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
concur.... happy with this great car.... thought I would see what others experience has been with GM .

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ya I took the 84 months at 0% too. Could not pass up a free loan. I'll make the 5k back +more using my money to invest over the next 84 months.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Here in the states, near the Portland Oregon area, a local Chevy dealer is offering $3,500 off MSRP on 2014
Volts. Which brings the price a MSRP base Volt at $35,000 down $31,500...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
in toronto area 2014 is $42,000 - $5,000 off MSRP +$8230 gov rebate= $28,770 ? + financing ? APR. I got my Volt end of June for $40000-$8250 =$31,770 @0% APR so i guess my effective APR is .00113%

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I paid "too much" last fall, but it was worth it to me then and remains so. That is a very stunning picture, BTW.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
financed at 0% thru scotia bank. I had heard about the reduction in United States last month but did not see anything on Canadian pricing until yesterday. only owned it for 102 days.
Congrats from Kitchener I've had my 2013 for 14 months now.

To my knowledge GM Canada also stopped offering the 0% financing when they added the $5K rebate. So it's highly unlikely they would ever consider giving you the $5K rebate.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Well, I paid MSRP in April 2011, and was glad I got it for that. I knew the price would drop eventually, but it didn't matter since I had decided it was going to be my "mid-life crisis" car. I joke that most guys buy a convertible to let the wind blow through their hair, but since I don't have much hair, I got a Volt instead.

Seriously, sometimes I think I should have waited, but then I think about all the fun I've had driving this car. And the fact it's the first car I've ever had that really held my attention beyond a year of ownership. It even rubbed off on my wife, so now we are a two Volt family.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
For the first time in over two decades I paid MSRP for our 2012 Volt when I bought it in March 2012, I did get ZERO % for 60 months so and had TWO trades that reduced my OTD to $39K. I did get the $7500 federal and $3914 state credits which effectively reduced my TOTAL OTD to $27,600 or so - no complaints about paying MSRP.

But this past Aug I bought a second Volt (2013) and got $9000K off MSRP ($5500 from GM and $3500 from dealer) and had $3500 equity in my trade and was out the door for $31,150 and I'll get the $7500 federal and $3914 state credits reducing my costs to $19,736.

I did borrow the $31K at 1.49% and have decided to use the $11,500 credits due me to remodle our master bathroom. Can't get a remodel/construction loan for 1.49%.

So you are not alone in paying MSRP, just enjoy the car. Happy motoring and stay safe my friend.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I agree GM is not going to do that. And btw when is a good cutoff on pricing..your month th emonth before...just not gonna happen. The best deal negotiated is the best you could have done for the time. That would be no different if I take delivery of my 2014 soon and then 1 day after they offer consumer cash or such which I would never get.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
That is a stunning picture.

Not sure how it worked in Canada, but in the US the transaction prices dropped by about $5K, mostly due to dealer incentives, before the MSRP on the 2014 MY was reduced. So buying a 2013 MY late in the year and buying a 2014 MY after the price cut wasn't all that different.

I'm jealous of all these deals. I paid full MSRP back in 2011.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have not talked to the dealer about price reduction but I was interested in what fellow volt owners thought on the subject. thus the post on our forum. based on everyones response and the fact that we are all amazed at how great this car its only a matter of time before the general public catches unto the benefits of the superior car and the savings they will see . I can hardly wait until the release the Caddy ERV. thats a hot looking car!

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
GTVOLT - is your picture from the original post the same building as this one below or near it? Same stone coloration as the one below. And it's hard to forget this image as it is the same building from the cover of the Rush album "Moving Pictures".

1,214 Posts
For the first time in over two decades I paid MSRP for our 2012 Volt when I bought it in March 2012, I did get ZERO % for 60 months so and had TWO trades that reduced my OTD to $39K. I did get the $7500 federal and $3914 state credits which effectively reduced my TOTAL OTD to $27,600 or so - no complaints about paying MSRP.

But this past Aug I bought a second Volt (2013) and got $9000K off MSRP ($5500 from GM and $3500 from dealer) and had $3500 equity in my trade and was out the door for $31,150 and I'll get the $7500 federal and $3914 state credits reducing my costs to $19,736.

I did borrow the $31K at 1.49% and have decided to use the $11,500 credits due me to remodle our master bathroom. Can't get a remodel/construction loan for 1.49%.

So you are not alone in paying MSRP, just enjoy the car. Happy motoring and stay safe my friend.
I'll quote ya on this one pal! Hope that you are running like me. Over $200.00 each month is gas savings after my .50¢ a day electric costs!

110V AC home with 50' 12 gage extention cord, 110 AC, topping off at work. Some 38 Free L2 charger's locally, in a 20 mile radius, including a Solar Carport at the local City Market!

3 cross state road trips...

22,000 miles, 25 gallons gas used in almost 19 month of robust Electric Car Driving, with a tad bit of gas!

Link goes to my Voltstats Data page-

http://www.voltstats.net/Stats/Details/1068

Heck of a Deal!

ps. Bought an efficent refrigerator, dropping my monthly electric bill by $15.00 a month. Driving my refrigerator! lol

Best-

Thomas J. Thias

Sundance Chevrolet Inc.

517-622-6081

Twitter.com/AmazingChevVolt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the picture was from car and driver of a black volt just like mine . its not the same as the ontario parliment building in Toronto that you have .

·
2,358 Posts
I financed mine in August. The 0% financing was not available anymore. The $5k rebate is applied to financed purchases as well. Rate is 2.99% for 60 months (same rate up to 84 months).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts