GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the unique custom sub kit as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl_ynKVueuM (Gen 1 Chevy Volt - Bose Sub Upgrade)

Installed it this morning and so far I am very happy with it. I am still tweaking the sub amp settings such as gain, phase and frequency cut off but am very close to having what I wantit to sound like. If you are interested, Anthony, the kit creator, can be found from the info in the YouTube video comments.

I left comments on YouTube as to how great this kit is. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I purchased the unique custom sub kit as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl_ynKVueuM (Gen 1 Chevy Volt - Bose Sub Upgrade)

Installed it this morning and so far I am very happy with it. I am still tweaking the sub amp settings such as gain, phase and frequency cut off but am very close to having what I wantit to sound like. If you are interested, Anthony, the kit creator, can be found from the info in the YouTube video comments.

I left comments on YouTube as to how great this kit is. Highly recommended.
What was the cost?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The box and harness kit was $225 + shipping, the amp was $120 and the kicker sub was $90. All in was $435 + shipping.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nice!
In my case I completely removed the BOSE amp and installed an Alpine PDX-V9 5 channel amp (taking all the space used by the original BOSE sub/amp box). Changed all the speakers/tweeters. But I had to place the SUB box in the trunk, losing cargo space as a result. Not an ideal setup I admit.
This kit is very nice and fits perfectly, but you stay with the BOSE amp for all the remaining speakers.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice!
In my case I completely removed the BOSE amp and installed an Alpine PDX-V9 5 channel amp (taking all the space used by the original BOSE sub/amp box). Changed all the speakers/tweeters. But I had to place the SUB box in the trunk, losing cargo space as a result. Not an ideal setup I admit.
This kit is very nice and fits perfectly, but you stay with the BOSE amp for all the remaining speakers.
The bose speakers and amp are OK but I find the midrange still a bit strident and I still set the midrange EQ down to knock it back a bit. With this sub setup, I don’t have to jack up the bass EQ which I found muddied the mid bass with the original sub. Definitely a lower and cleaner bottom end over stock. Of course, with enough money it could sound even better but I have spent enough for now! My ears are getting older and my wallet is getting wiser, sort of... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts