GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a potential Volt buyer trying to figure out if the Bose system has an upmixer. Can anyone tell me if music comes out of the center dash speaker, or is it only voice/Nav prompts and Bluetooth phone calls?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I didn't find the answer, but I did find a solution to my underlying concern, which was that it might not be possible to get a true 2-channel stereo signal out of the Bose system. I researched the PAC AP4-GM61 Bose interface available for the Volt and found that it does provide a stereo output.

I'm still interested to know the answer, just because I'm curious about these things. I know some Bose stereos have Bose Centerpoint, which definitely is an upmixer that derives a center and rear surround channels from stereo signals. But in those units, you can turn Centerpoint on or off. From what I've read, the Volt's head unit doesn't have any of those Bose options in the menu, so I wonder if that means it just has Centerpoint enabled all the time, or if it means music doesn't come through the center channel.

I'm kind of surprised - I've read through all speaker upgrade threads I could find on here and found many Bose owners who've upgraded their door and dash speakers, but didn't see any discussion of whether the center speaker should be also be upgraded to match.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts