GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rather surprised that I just got this email from Bosch. Anyone else? I've never had GM give my contact information to a third party for solicitation like this. :confused:

Dear Chevrolet Volt Driver,

Congratulations on your new Chevrolet Volt. Bosch is General Motors' preferred provider of 240 volt charging solutions for the Chevrolet Volt...

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
My guess is the dealer sold your name out, I think they do that for extended warranties and such. I imagine that there is a way to prevent them from doing that.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I was rather surprised that I just got this email from Bosch. Anyone else? I've never had GM give my contact information to a third party for solicitation like this. :confused:

Dear Chevrolet Volt Driver,

Congratulations on your new Chevrolet Volt. Bosch is General Motors' preferred provider of 240 volt charging solutions for the Chevrolet Volt...
More likely from your vehicle registration or auto insurance than General Motors.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I got one of those emails a few weeks after getting the car, replied that I already had the chargers set up so thanks anyway, and that was the last I heard.

I think they have a partnership for this with GM so they probably get the list as part of that arrangement.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I got that email today also. Deleted.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I bought my Volt 5 weeks ago and just received the email today. I just clicked unsubscribe.
Pretty much did the same...

I have a hair trigger for unsubscribing unwanted emails...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did anyone else get a Bosch advertisement/folder in the glove box of their '17? GM puts them in with the Owners Manual I think.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I received a phone call after I bought a 2014 and a phone call and email after I bought my 2015. The dealer told me they have noting to do with the calls. Its GM or RL Polk.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I got the email as well after purchasing my 2016. I already have a Bosch PowerMax which I love.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I got one of those emails a few weeks after getting the car, replied that I already had the chargers set up so thanks anyway, and that was the last I heard.

I think they have a partnership for this with GM so they probably get the list as part of that arrangement.
You replied to spam?

·
Registered
948 Posts
You replied to spam?
I figured it was a sales lead thing since I think there was a note in the 2016 brochure about Bosch.

But then again I also replied to the Nigerian Prince that said I was going to be first in line for a Tesla Model 3, just needed to wire them $1,000 and they promised I would go to the head of the line. I figured hey what a great deal!

·
Registered
109 Posts
But then again I also replied to the Nigerian Prince that said I was going to be first in line for a Tesla Model 3, just needed to wire them $1,000 and they promised I would go to the head of the line. I figured hey what a great deal!
Haha, I beat you to that. I wired the Nigerian Prince $5,000, so *that* puts me ahead of all you suckers in line.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I figured it was a sales lead thing since I think there was a note in the 2016 brochure about Bosch.

haha Let me know how that works out ;)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts

Lucky you! Mine came from South Africa, and no guarantee of spot in line.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah I got the email as well - nice that we all got sold out, and I just bought my Volt last month.

and FYI, I use my Nissan installed 240v garage charger from when i had a LEAF. so HA! up yours Bosch!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts