GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
thanks to Robvolt, and KyleK, who respectively offered exact monthly numbers on a stripped volt, and offered Sara at Camino Real Monterey Park as a point of contact. Also thanks to Jonathan and James for staying til closing time, after the cars have been blocked.

End result: $190/mo+tax, 36mo/36K mi, $0/0/0, sign n drive. Kept Cali state rebate $1500, used $1000 PO coupon. Let me know if anyone wants to see screep cap MSRP ($35,665.00) gross cap ($31200), adjusted cap ($23218), residual, mf same as robvolt.

Few weeks ago, I f'd with Keye's Chevy to no avail, got a lousy vmail. Today, after < 2 hours of emailing with sara ( [email protected] ), she answered all my Q's, and matched robvolt's deal. Didn't even bother countering. In at 7:15, signed papers before 9pm. It took longer to figure out how to remove the head rests -- how DO you remove the rear headrests?!?!?!

For those getting the runaround from chevy dealers: email internet managers to check on stock #. Follow up with texts (both sara and alperin have iphones, tho results differ greatly) if no response. This brand, in general, has some of the worst websites and email turn-arounds out of the brand I've recently dealt with (honda, vw, mb, porsche), but a deal is a deal.

Caveat: don't bother if you're not tier 1. SWMBO's FICO is 800+ just like robvolt. Also, this is Camino Real's last stripped down Volt w/ Bonus Tag i.e., FUGLY red car on the lot for way too long.

Now, onward to the E63 wagon.

Thanks for everyone's help, I'll see you all in 3 years (or 30MO, when CARB allows leasees to dump cars).

·
Registered
95 Posts
thanks to Robvolt, and KyleK, who respectively offered exact monthly numbers on a stripped volt, and offered Sara at Camino Real Monterey Park as a point of contact. Also thanks to Jonathan and James for staying til closing time, after the cars have been blocked.

End result: $190/mo+tax, 36mo/36K mi, $0/0/0, sign n drive. Kept Cali state rebate $1500, used $1000 PO coupon. Let me know if anyone wants to see screep cap MSRP ($35,665.00) gross cap ($31200), adjusted cap ($23218), residual, mf same as robvolt.

Few weeks ago, I f'd with Keye's Chevy to no avail, got a lousy vmail. Today, after < 2 hours of emailing with sara ( [email protected] ), she answered all my Q's, and matched robvolt's deal. Didn't even bother countering. In at 7:15, signed papers before 9pm. It took longer to figure out how to remove the head rests -- how DO you remove the rear headrests?!?!?!

For those getting the runaround from chevy dealers: email internet managers to check on stock #. Follow up with texts (both sara and alperin have iphones, tho results differ greatly) if no response. This brand, in general, has some of the worst websites and email turn-arounds out of the brand I've recently dealt with (honda, vw, mb, porsche), but a deal is a deal.

Caveat: don't bother if you're not tier 1. SWMBO's FICO is 800+ just like robvolt. Also, this is Camino Real's last stripped down Volt w/ Bonus Tag i.e., FUGLY red car on the lot for way too long.

Now, onward to the E63 wagon.

Thanks for everyone's help, I'll see you all in 3 years (or 30MO, when CARB allows leasees to dump cars).
To remove headrest use the key, to unlock insert in slot of one of the headrests rods.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Sounds like you got a great price on a car you're satisfied with. Congrats. Thanks for posting the details.

To remove headrest use the key, to unlock insert in slot of one of the headrests rods.
Great info. I had no idea (then again I have never wanted to remove he headrests).

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
That's fantastic!!!! Get ready to love one of the best vehicles ever put on American roads. Good for the country, good for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tonyc:

can you give us some detail:

1. what do you mean by kept California $1,500 rebate ? you mean dealer used it as part of the lease ? or you still get to claim it ?
2. are you a current Volt leasee ? thus qualifying for the extra $2,500 loyalty money ?
3. is this one of the bonus car ? with extra $2,000 rebate ?

thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1. what do you mean by kept California $1,500 rebate ? you mean dealer used it as part of the lease ? or you still get to claim it ?
"kept it" meaning: dealer didn't apply it towards anything. i'm filing for the rebate on my own, and I get to keep it in whole. they said they couldn't, actually. which was a shock to me, seeing other deals where the $1500 cali rebate was used for acq fee, etc.

2. are you a current Volt leasee ? thus qualifying for the extra $2,500 loyalty money ?
Ahhh, sorry, forgot about this one: No, I'm not a volt leasee. They didn't care wth i drove, and didn't ask if I have another lease, but I'm assuming there "competitor" cash in there somewhere?

3. is this one of the bonus car ? with extra $2,000 rebate ?
according to dealer, and the online inventory list, yes, this was a "bonus car", whatever that meant :p...

there's no reason why the same deal can't be done at Buena park chevy. I looked at inventory before contacting camino real, and BP is just F'd up with base model cars and they're all offering $2500 GM cash: http://www.premierchevybp.com/VehicleSearchResults?model=Volt&search=new&pageNumber=1&visitedVD=true

hope this helps.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Someone asked for the screen cap for the lease deal. This is what I have:

$215/mo + tax was before the Private Offer coupon code for $1000 off.
After the $1000 PO, it's $190/mo (rounded up to closest $1).

·
Registered
29 Posts
"Thanks to Robvolt, and KyleK, who respectively offered exact monthly numbers on a stripped volt"
You are welcome. Very good deal. I hope our next deal gets to be better with the loyalty rebate. Btw. I just got an email telling me that the state rebate check is on route. It only took 25 days. Make sure that the scan of your contract doesn't ommit any lines. They are very picky on that. The dmv registration needs to be signed as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
congrats tonyc I have an offer at 23218 before any rebates i should be happy pissing myself but im not. Im trying to get my RYR to kick in to make the damn car under 15k! :) im chasing a unicorn :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts