GM Volt Forum banner

Bolt wheel hub and bolt circle pattern.

14K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  alkvalseth 
#1 · (Edited)
OK, I already have another set of wheels and tires mounted on my Bolt.

Here are most of the specifics:
5 X 105mm. is the correct dimension, and the hub hole diameter is identical to the late model Cruze wheels, which I believe is also identical to the hub hole diameter on the late model Volts. And, clearance seems to be fine with oem Cruze wheels, as far as the brake caliper and strut clearances.

Now for the even cooler stuff:

There is an aluminum five spoke 16" X 6.5" Cruze oem wheel that fits perfectly, if you want to use 16" wheels that look nice for your winter tires. That is the ones I used for mine, and they cost $105 each on Ebay.

Also, this size wheel (1" smaller than oem, but same width) is legal in all SCCA stock classes for autocrossing, and with a set of low profile Bridgestone Potenza R71 or other high performance tires, you end up with a Bolt that is about 1" lower, corners flatter, has about 8-10% better acceleration and braking with no suspension changes.

It will, of course mess up your speedometer and odometer values by that same percent, and instead of 238 miles of average range, you will actually get about 220.

But, let me tell you, it probably drops the Bolt acceleration from 0-60 mph down to 6 seconds flat.

But, the good news is that those who already have winter tires for the gen2 Volt are already set, the same 16" or 17" wheels and tires should work great on a Bolt. And you all know what aftermarket wheels will fit the Bolt now.

See less See more
#3 ·
That is good news, and different from what my dealer's tire tech came up with measuring the stock wheels. Good to know. Makes it easier to start searching for wheels. I already have snows on the stock rims, so I'll probably shop for a set of 18" summer wheels that maintain approx the stock weight. Thanks for the update.

#5 · (Edited)
HS is the class my autocrosser friend says it will probably be in, basically mostly front wheel drive four passenger sedans/hatchbacks. At least it will be the default class they dump it in to start with.

My friend is going to drive mine at a local event Saturday, and I will try to put an update on his results and opinions Sunday.

#8 ·
He has a go-pro, so we may be able to get movies, and some pictures.

I will attempt to get something on here Sunday.

#9 ·
#12 · (Edited)
Ok. This link should find it on utube. It is the title of the video.

2017FresnoSccaRd1

sorry about the lost link.

#15 · (Edited)
This was on 16" X 6.5" Cruze OEM wheels, with 205/45R16 Bridgestone Potenza R71 tires mounted. This results in nearly 2" smaller diameter tires, but way more grip for all dry conditions.

It was only a Fresno local event, so there was not any real competition present, but yeah, it felt Very Quick, with practically no wheelspin, and only mild push from the front wheels, which we partially compensated for by bumping rear tire pressures up to 46, and fronts to 42. This felt pretty good, considering we were running on an old asphalt lot, with not the best grip available.

Our next step is to try and make a rear anti roll bar for it. That should increase front grip even more, and reduce body roll more also.

#16 ·
Have you measured how much in (from the wheel mounting flange) you can go without hitting the suspension or other things, and outward without going outside of the wheel arch? I was hoping to put on some larger 245/40 tires on 8-8.5" wide wheels in either 18" or 19" diameter.
I will not get my car until June or July, but I need to order wheels before that time. So if someone have measured this that would be great :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.