GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is mostly in English, except for the second half of Part 3.

A couple of things I noticed:

The rearview mirror camera is equipped with a washer fluid sprayer to keep it clean.

In 48F weather, with the climate control set at 68F, the car shows 153 miles of range remaining with 53 miles travelled.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I wonder how much of the 60kWh is available for use? With heavy climate control use they used 15.0 kWh for 53 miles of travel.

Keith

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I wonder how much of the 60kWh is available for use? With heavy climate control use they used 15.0 kWh for 53 miles of travel.
I doubt our friends in the northern plains or the northeast would consider 48F weather as requiring "heavy" climate control...

·
Registered
6,464 Posts

Keith
I think most people are estimating 54 or 55 kWh available. When they showed the display, they got a -5 (the worst) score for climate settings, and they had been sitting there conducting the interview for a while. For that charge, they were getting 3.6 miles/kWh. Using EPA guidelines as a standard, I'd expect it to get be closer to 4 miles/kWh.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I think most people are estimating 54 or 55 kWh available. When they showed the display, they got a -5 (the worst) score for climate settings, and they had been sitting there conducting the interview for a while. For that charge, they were getting 3.6 miles/kWh. Using EPA guidelines as a standard, I'd expect it to get be closer to 4 miles/kWh.
On my MY17 Volt which I sold last Tuesday, even if I had the A/C on 10f warmer with the eco button pushed, still got dinged the full 5.0 demerits...Never owned it long it to use the heater but it would appear with the grading system there isn't any way to use the A/C and not get dinged the full 5 points...

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you look on Plugshare, filter by CCS and look at stations north of Sacramento in CA Chevy employees have been posting pictures of Bolt EV charging at CCS stations. In fact they show a bunch of different color Bolt.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
On my MY17 Volt which I sold last Tuesday, even if I had the A/C on 10f warmer with the eco button pushed, still got dinged the full 5.0 demerits...Never owned it long it to use the heater but it would appear with the grading system there isn't any way to use the A/C and not get dinged the full 5 points...
Interesting. I'm not sure how that translates to the Gen 1's "percentage of power" gauge.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I doubt our friends in the northern plains or the northeast would consider 48F weather as requiring "heavy" climate control...
I was going by the bad score for climate control on the energy consumption screens. They may have been sitting in the parking lot with the doors open and the heat on full for all we know.

Keith

1 - 12 of 12 Posts