GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, i'm thinking of trading in my ELR for a Bolt. I'm wondering if there are any good leases that you are aware of. I'm in the Tampa region. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,418 Posts
Hey gang, i'm thinking of trading in my ELR for a Bolt. I'm wondering if there are any good leases that you are aware of. I'm in the Tampa region. Thanks.
I'm confused. Is GM even selling or leasing the Bolt with all the battery recalls going on. Even the new Bolts are having issues.

_ Then it got worse: On August 20, out of “an excess of caution,” GM added all 63,680 Bolt EV and EUV models from the 2020 model year through the present day, along with a further 9340 Bolts from the 2019 model year that hadn’t been previously recalled.
_ The new Bolt EUV model was just being delivered to dealers; activities around that launch are now suspended. Meanwhile, Chevrolet had lowered Bolt prices considerably for 2022, recasting the car as an affordable entry-level EV complementing the upcoming luxury GMC and Cadillac models.
_ The total recall now numbers 141,000 electric vehicles over six model years, every Bolt the company has built since sales began in December 2016. No schedules have been given for any cell replacements. Roughly a dozen fires in Bolt EVs have been publicly identified. To date, no injuries or deaths are attributed to the problem.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I would wait until I found a low miles off lease Bolt which has been through the recall process with upgraded battery.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If one enjoys playing a longshot with the hope of a big payoff, shop around for a steal deal on a Bolt. Many of the Chicken Little persuasion are panicked about the fire fiasco and are bailing.

GM is on record as promising a new battery and a new 8-year-100,000-mile warranty. How long they will take to accomplish that is the unknown.

jack vines

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I just read that someone couldn't buy a Bolt because GM won't sell them a new one until the manufacturing process is fixed and the packs upgraded. Is this true or was it a Dealer decision?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I just read that someone couldn't buy a Bolt because GM won't sell them a new one until the manufacturing process is fixed and the packs upgraded. Is this true or was it a Dealer decision?
From what I have read, they are NOT selling ANY Bolt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts