GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The US Bolt EV order guide is LIVE! Note this guide is valid for the US only.

I've attached the PDF and the link to the order guide. It was in an unusual location as GM considers this a crossover so it was located under Chevy Truck.

Click on link below. Select "Print Book" and then Select "Bolt EV"
http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/vehiclesel.jsp?year=2017&regionID=1&divisionID=1

View attachment BoltEV_orderguide.pdf

I've gone through it quick. Not many surprises. DC fast charging is a stand alone option on LT and Premier models.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Super! Thx for the heads-up!

Being a truck means we can get truck tags in Texas.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Not many options at all. Base Bolt is pretty well equipped.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Very cool. Rear seat heater ducts look nice, and rear heated seats. Makes it a decent little multi passenger vehicle.

I like some of the items like Engine: None. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
The Bolt is a very compelling vehicle, not just for BEV enthausists/supporters but for ANY family. A young family with a couple of kids and a dog would do well to take a good hard look at the Bolt.

We bought a 2016 Equinox last fall primarily because we own a dog and as a home owner haul stuff from time to time that a CUV does easier. I just bought a 2017 Volt so I could get the $7500 fed tax credit and had planned on retiring in Feb. I may delay my retirement to ensure I have enough income/taxes to allow me to claim a tax credit next year.

And yes the Bolt LT is nicely optioned. Well done GM. Now go out and tell the rest of America about how the Bolt can work for the average American family.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
only 3 months of Nav in both base and premier model? No heat pump in either?

No heated driver or pass seats in the base model as standard- it's an option

driver confidence 2 package is an option even in premier?

Boy looks like one needs the 40K$ premier model and then some!!

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Having these features, the Premier is appealing but passing on Driver Confidence II would not be the end of the world. LOL Most interesting will be the percentage of people ordering the DC charger. My hope would be 70% but my guess is 30%.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
only 3 months of Nav in both base and premier model?
It has unlimited free nav through your smartphone :) My guess is nav is part of OnStar and there are no built in maps whatsoever. I really don't need this and would rather use my smartphone.

To me, the base model is well equipped, but would buy the premier for leather and a few other items.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
It has unlimited free nav through your smartphone :) My guess is nav is part of OnStar and there are no built in maps whatsoever. I really don't need this and would rather use my smartphone.

To me, the base model is well equipped, but would buy the premier for leather and a few other items.
Thing is your smartphone won't tell you battery remaining at your destination....an essential feature if you want to go any distance!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
No onboard maps is a deal killer for me. I live near lots of cell phone holes and can't rely on cellular maps.

I don't see any homelink either?

·
Registered
89 Posts
only 3 months of Nav in both base and premier model? No heat pump in either?

No heated driver or pass seats in the base model as standard- it's an option

driver confidence 2 package is an option even in premier?

Boy looks like one needs the 40K$ premier model and then some!!
Yeah, I agree. None of our Apple or Android phones have GPS enabled, so there will be no way to do navigation like we do the Volt.

And without a Heat Pump, the range will be only 200 miles. The 238 number was for the heat pump model that GM crushed in the EV1 Crusher.

The Recovery Hooks are the deal breaker. These are so the finance company can repo your car.

And only 2 cup holders in the rear seats? What if they want both coffee and water? Ridiculous.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
USB ports in the rear aren't standard. OMFG forget the Bolt, I'm waiting 3 years for a Model 3!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Thing is your smartphone won't tell you battery remaining at your destination....an essential feature if you want to go any distance!!
Your smartphone will tell you how many miles left though, and with a minimum of mental effort you can relate that to the Bolt's range indicator and apply a fudge factor for potentially worse driving conditions you expect ahead of you compared to the recent driving that the indicated range is based on.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Yeah, I agree. None of our Apple or Android phones have GPS enabled, so there will be no way to do navigation like we do the Volt.
It's cheaper to buy a new phone than to pay for a built-in NAV option, particularly when you start to factor in the unreasonably high cost of map updates for those systems. Or you could buy a stand-alone unit like a Garmin for even less.

Or <belatedly recognizing the tongue in cheek nature of your post> you could simply enable the GPS in your phone...?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I know there is a lot of sarcasm about the lack of Navigation onboard, but this could have been a pretty cool feature to integrate with battery range estimates, especially if it took into account elevation changes. Would have helped with the "mass market" folks unfamiliar with EVs and range anxiety.

In the end though, I think GM is positioning the Bolt as a commuter car - so no need for fancy navigation-tied range estimators for long distance travel.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts