GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had the Service Vehicle Soon icon pop up on the drivers' info center. Nothing seemed amiss, after checking a few things it turned out to be low windshield washer fluid, none was hitting the rear window. Apparently my wife had been juicing the windshield a LOT recently, haha.

We filled up the washer tank and the light went away.

Here's what the icon looks like, though the words don't display.

Bolt EV Service Vehicle Soon Icon.png

So if you see this icon, check your fluids before deciding to take it to the dealer. :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Interesting but kind of an inappropriate icon/warning for something as simple as wiper fluid. It always makes me wonder now that cars have fully digital display why they don't put actual useful messages on screen.

For example - I bet if the message said something like "Window washer fluid low" it would've saved you a bit of troubleshooting time.

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting but kind of an inappropriate icon/warning for something as simple as wiper fluid. It always makes me wonder now that cars have fully digital display why they don't put actual useful messages on screen.

For example - I bet if the message said something like "Window washer fluid low" it would've saved you a bit of troubleshooting time.

Yes, I agree. And it would have saved time. Hopefully this thread will save someone else some (or a needless dealer visit).

·
Administrator
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had to fill up the washer fluid from empty before, but I do not remember seeing the service vehicle soon icon.
Perhaps the actual fluid level was different? My wife said the rear squirter ran dry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts