GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting pretty close to that 3,000 level, should crest it next month I would think!

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Getting pretty close to that 3,000 level, should crest it next month I would think!
Man, totally forgot today was sales report day! Another monthly record.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Pretty much on track to move the 36K units they projected. I think now GM will be watching the sales numbers to make sure they hit the 200K mark early rather than late in a quarter. After watching sales for so long it's weird to hope GM doesn't hit the 200K number for a while. LOL

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Just for reference, inventory on cars.com is about 4200. Down about 500 from last month. Depending on international shipments, production could be on the order of 2300 to 3300 a month.

GM will want to move most of those 4200 cars before year end and 2018 model, so I would expect high sales the next 2 months, my guess is over 3k per month.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
U.S. Chevrolet Bolt EV sales for the month of October, all-time high 2781

The Chevrolet Bolt EV did not only outsell the Tesla Model 3 by anywhere from one to two decimal points for the October month in the U.S. It also outsold the Tesla Model S and X combined, in the U.S. market, by 41%.

For those who said that the Model 3 would outsell the Bolt EV by September, they were wrong. Then the goal post switched to October, and it looks like they were equally spectacularly wrong, and potentially even more.

General Motors (GM) reported U.S. Chevrolet Bolt EV sales for the month of October, and it was an all-time high at 2,781 units.

How does that compare with the Tesla (TSLA) Model 3? The usual authority on the subject, Insideevs, writes that it wants to wait until after Tesla's 3Q earnings report tonight to place an exact number on it...even though it has reported on the Model s and Model X...:rolleyes:

https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

The Tesla earning report tonight should be interesting...

·
Registered
319 Posts
At this stage, with Model 3 production apparently having problems, comparing Bolt and Model 3 sales numbers is meaningless. When Bolt sales hit 5000 per month, then we will have a competitive product that will warrant continued product improvement on the part of G.M. Also, until the bad distribution stories end (Canada, Europe) the sales figures don't reflect the whole picture.

·
Administrator
20,231 Posts
At this stage, with Model 3 production apparently having problems, comparing Bolt and Model 3 sales numbers is meaningless.
I agree. Tesla said by now it would be producing 5000 per month instead of a few hundred. Of course Tesla has said lots of things that end up not being true.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Tesla only reports quarterly sales, so it is meaningless to compare monthly figures. Need to add up quarterly sales for the Bolt EV to compare on equal ground. So will need to wait for December results to compare the current quarter.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Why are we comparing the Bolt to vaporware?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
There are two comparisons going on here, one vs Model S/X and another vs Model 3. Neither are vaporware, although Model 3 production hasn't started in earnest yet until they deliver the first retail customer car.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
At this stage, with Model 3 production apparently having problems, comparing Bolt and Model 3 sales numbers is meaningless. When Bolt sales hit 5000 per month, then we will have a competitive product that will warrant continued product improvement on the part of G.M. Also, until the bad distribution stories end (Canada, Europe) the sales figures don't reflect the whole picture.
I agree. Tesla said by now it would be producing 5000 per month instead of a few hundred. Of course Tesla has said lots of things that end up not being true.
Tesla only reports quarterly sales, so it is meaningless to compare monthly figures. Need to add up quarterly sales for the Bolt EV to compare on equal ground. So will need to wait for December results to compare the current quarter.
First official slip on the Model 3
Tesla now says 5,000 Model 3’s per week late in Q1 2018.
The company also has eliminated guidance for hitting 10,000 units per week sometime in 2018, now just talking about implementing that capacity after it hits the 5,000 per week rate.
Q3 net loss of $619 million GAAP, or $2.92 per share non-GAAP.
Cash burn tops $1.4 billion in quarter.

http://ir.tesla.com/secfiling.cfm?fi...22&CIK=1318605

In Q3, Tesla delivered 25,915 Model S and Model X vehicles and 222 Model 3 vehicles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts