GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rattle that is coming from the plastic housing that covers the front camera system in front of the rear view mirror. Noticed it after got my windows tinted, including the front windshield. It comes and goes, mostly hear on rougher pavement. With music up loud, can easily ignore it. Think it is due to the plastic housing not abutting tightly to the windshield. Maybe when they were tinting the windshield they somehow caused it to pull away a little, or maybe would have happened anyway. You can tap the plastic housing and reproduce the sound, or push the housing tight to the windshield and make it stop.

Anybody else having this issue? Fixes? Tiny amount of silicone caulk? Take to dealer...ugh.

Also have a rattle in my rear hatch door...something loose in there rolling around when open and close it. A loose screw or nut...not going to worry about it, but just a little quality control issue that should have been found and corrected.

·
Administrator
20,222 Posts
So no rattle until the window was tinted by someone. I think you know the answer to that one already. Someone did not snap it back on tightly or they broke it.

Rear hatch: You have a warranty, use it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So no rattle until the window was tinted by someone. I think you know the answer to that one already. Someone did not snap it back on tightly or they broke it.

Rear hatch: You have a warranty, use it.
Don't think the housing was removed during windshield tinting. It just is a lot of hard plastic there, and is not firmly abutting the windshield, and am willing to bet it was that way from the start, but I didn't test beforehand. Only had the Bolt a week before the tint job. Was just wondering if any of you other Bolt owners are willing to look at yours and see if the plastic makes a vibrating sound when you tap on it, and if yours is tightly up against the windshield or not. Again, it doesn't make the annoying vibration sound all the time, but pretty much on every drive when hit a bump in the road.

As far as the "something is loose" inside the hatch door, just a minor issue, only noticing when you open and close it. I am worried about taking it to a dealership..."the enemy of GOOD is BETTER". My 2016 Volt has been in the shop for a week for a voluntary recall reprogramming, and they somehow caused the front camera system to stop functioning, and the camera module on order hasn't come in yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Didn't see this one and posted the same issue in the problems forum. My issue happened without any tinting or manipulation of the housing. It's just a bad design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts