GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Have had the Bolt a full week now, build date 3/2017 according to door sticker.

Radio glitch... after having the radio on for 30min or longer... unable to tune back to preset#1.

If you're tuned to any other preset station and you touch the preset#1 button on the infotainment screen... it tunes to preset#3, if you use the steering wheel favorites paddles and land on preset#1... it tunes to preset#3.

The display indicates it's tuned the frequency of preset #1 (880AM) but the radio is actually tuned to preset#3 frequency (1010AM).

I can manually tune to the frequency of preset#1 if I punch in 880 and hit enter on the manual tuner screen.

All the other presets work as intended.

After shutting down the car, and exiting then re-entering and restarting the system... preset#1 works properly again for 30min or so till it starts malfunctioning.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks W...

I saw that post, but my car was built 3/17, so I didn't think it applied to my Bot.

Can you tell me how to check my infotainment FW version?

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Thanks W...

I saw that post, but my car was built 3/17, so I didn't think it applied to my Bot.

Can you tell me how to check my infotainment FW version?
yea, sorry I missed that.
Still worth it to take it on and report the issue though. There may still be updates that didn't result in a bulletin

WOT

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Use your cell phone to video record the issue; just helps speed up the diagnosis process...Nothing worse than making a service appt and both you and the dealer being unable to replicate the problem while at the dealership...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now preset #1 on the infotainment screen doesn't work at all... you can press it a thousand times... it beeps but stays on whatever station you're presently on.

If you manually tune to a new station and save it as preset #1, it will store it... but when you press on preset #1 for the first time it tunes to whatever frequency is stored in preset #3. Subsequent taps on preset #1 after that from any other preset station just make a beep sound but doesn't change the station.

The actual touchscreen is working, and I get an audio "beep", but it just won't tune to preset #1. The "favorites" paddles on the steering wheel exhibit the same behavior.

My current "workaround" is to just store a dummy station in preset#1.

I can't be the only one with this problem....

·
Administrator
19,979 Posts
Dealer visit, warranty repair.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'll use it as-is for a while to see if any additional issues crop up so I would potentially go to the dealer with a punch list and get it all done in one trip.

Seems like a infotainment firmware issue anyway, perhaps it will get addressed in a OTA update and I wouldn't even need to go to the dealership?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As of this morning, presets #3 and #4 on page two have stopped responding... the radio just skips over them when going up or down through the 15 presets.

So, currently Preset #1 on page one and presets #3 and #4 on page two have stopped responding.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is an 'Ask Chevrolet' section on the other Bolt forum that has a rep from Chevy - maybe they could shed some light on it...
Thanks,

I've traded emails with Amber G. from GM, at this point we have verified that I'm at the current/latest FW revision for the radio. I've decided to wait till GM releases the next radio FW update and then have the dealer update my radio via USB. If that doesn't fix the problem they'll probably need to dig into the hardware which I want to avoid for as long as I can.

Right now my Bolt is super tight and as silent as a ninja, I know that as soon as they start pulling the dash, etc apart- I'm going to have rattles and squeaks which will mean more visits to the dealership. For the sake of a minor radio issue I'm going to hold out for a software fix.. if that doesn't work... I'll evaluate my options at that time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts