GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/chevrolet-bolt-2017-10best-cars-feature

At the rate the Bolt is raking in awards, we'll need a computer setup with 3+ monitors to display all the awards at one time when you go to the official Bolt page. :p

Model S didn't defend its spot in the top 10....Tesla wouldn't even give C&D a car to test!

The Bolt was also the only EV in this year’s test. We would love to tell you how it compared with the pricier and glitzier Tesla Model S, but despite our repeated requests, Tesla refused to supply us with a car and thereby failed to defend its 10Best berth. We’ve since changed our cologne and started to chew mints.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
And the accolades keep rolling in. What a great way to launch a brand new vehicle. GM couldn't pay for this kind of press coverage.

By the time Bolt's start showing up at dealers showrooms later this fall most American buyers should be fully aware the Bolt.

·
Registered
183 Posts
By the time Bolt's start showing up at dealers showrooms later this fall most American buyers should be fully aware the Bolt.
Most American buyers DO NOT pay attention to car press awards.

·
Registered
425 Posts
i never saw any dealer showing or mentioning the awards the Volt initially received,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nor saw any literature published by Chevy (including mailings0)which mentioned the Volt at all, much less the awards.

Conversely, one Chevy salesman asked me why i wanted that piece of junk (the Volt), Am hoping things will really change with the Bolt.
Apparently GM made the Bolt front and center at the LA auto show, and has arranged for lots of test drives ultimately producing favorable and widespread auto press favorable (RAVING) reviews.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Apparently GM made the Bolt front and center at the LA auto show, and has arranged for lots of test drives...
Where are the test drives? Chevrolet said there will be none at the LA auto show - my dealer inquired for me. I'd love a test drive, but have not found any available.

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
Where are the test drives? Chevrolet said there will be none at the LA auto show - my dealer inquired for me. I'd love a test drive, but have not found any available.
Likely just for the press. If so, short sighted. Get potential buyers in the seat, I say.

·
1,308 Posts
Likely just for the press. If so, short sighted. Get potential buyers in the seat, I say.
Nope, no test drives at LA even for the "Media Days" before the public opening. In fact, there are no public test drives of any GM car. A few other major car companies also have no test drives here. I'm not certain, but my inquiry with GM folks left me with the impression that there won't be any Bolt EVs for test drives at the SF Auto Show either even though Chevy is listed as participating in a PG&E utility sponsored EV test drive event. Maybe GM is bringing Volt and Spark EV to that?

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
Nope, no test drives at LA even for the "Media Days" before the public opening. In fact, there are no public test drives of any GM car. A few other major car companies also have no test drives here. I'm not certain, but my inquiry with GM folks left me with the impression that there won't be any Bolt EVs for test drives at the SF Auto Show either even though Chevy is listed as participating in a PG&E utility sponsored EV test drive event. Maybe GM is bringing Volt and Spark EV to that?
No test drives for the public is a mistake.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
No test drives for the public is a mistake.
Not as good as, no, but it really comes down to how many vehicles they have available. A test drive scenario might show the car to 7-10 people per hour really well, but a static display can show it to 30-40 per hour. And how many in the test-drive people are those that are already in the "willing buyer" category and how many still in the "undecided" category?

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Thanks! That saved me a trip.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
The list of test drive cars for the LA Auto Show is here:

http://laautoshow.com/manufacturer-test-drives/
Not sure if the list is final but there aren't any GM offerings...In the EV/PHEV/FVC world, Honda is letting you drive the Clarity and Toyota the Prime...Also the Kia Soul although you can go test drive that at some Kia dealerships right now...

·
Registered
411 Posts
I read that the Bolt WILL be at the PGE display at the SF show. It better be or I'll be pissed.... at least I'll get to see it first hand. Not expecting a test drive. I'll be happy if they even allow me to sit in it - lol.

"PG&E’s 4,200 square foot information and vehicle exhibit will have interactive kiosks addressing special utility EV charging rates, the EVs on the market, purchase rebates and more. PG&E will be exhibiting examples of PG&E’s electric and hybrid fleet cars and heavy-duty service trucks, including the brand new Chevy Bolt and the utility industry’s first plug-in electric hybrid “bucket” truck."

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
Not sure if the list is final but there aren't any GM offerings...
Dumb move, GM. We know "seats in the seat" helps sell the car. And so does GM. It's one of their purported goals for the Lyft ride sharing program.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts