GM Volt Forum banner

BOLT EV Hand out sheet with answers - have any suggestion, add on, edits -please

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  bobojay 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was thinking when people ask about the car I am driving. I can answer and also give them a one page sheet with information concerning the Bolt EV.

Header - GM Chevrolet BOLT EV

Yes it is all Electric MSRP: From $36,620

238 miles on a full charge.

home charge Level 1 110
home charge Level 2 220 one can even use dryer plug or have electrician set it up

Charging time depends on how much of the battery you have used.

So much more to be added and yet to keep on one page.

I will show my final copy here.

#4 ·
EPA range with City and Highway listed individually...

Well you'd need 50 states or at least the ones that offer incentives which might go against the "just one sheet" premise...To be fair you should include if the state offers an EV discount or fee on registration...

#3 · (Edited)
charging times:
On L1 120 volt oem charger: aprox. 5 miles of range per hour of charging.
On L2 240 volt 16 amp charger: 12 miles of range per hour of charging.
On L2 240 volt 32 amp charger: 25 miles of range per hour of charging.
On (optional) DCFC public chargers: 90 miles in 30 minutes, 150 miles in one hour.

Supports Apple Carplay, Android Auto, and Bluetooth on all models, with 10.2" display.

#7 ·
Er, big enough? GM is based in snow country after all.

I don't think I have ever been asked that question about any car I have owned, nor have I asked someone else. That said, how big is your heater? :)

#8 ·
OE tire size (215/50R17) Michelin Energy Saver A/S
Wheel size: 17x7", 41mm offset?
Bolt pattern 5x105? (same as gen2 Volt?) ...can't exactly search for "Bolt Bolt pattern" :)

#11 · (Edited)
Thanks to those few who replied. I am not trying to sell the BoltEV but only give some info to some one who asks.

It is all Electric MSRP: From $36,620
Federal Tax Credit $ 7,500.00
Calif. clean vehicle rebate – $2,500

238 miles on a full charge.
Charging time depends on how much of the battery you have used.
Plug in at home to 120 AC or you can have 240 charger installed by your electrician.
Home charge - Level 1 120 ac = 4 miles per hour
Home charge - Level 2 240 ac = 25 miles per hour

[DCFC] DC fast charging, the Bolt EV can recharge at 80 kW, which Chevy says is enough to recover 90 miles of range in 30 minutes. ChargePoint Express DC fast chargers allow property owners, businesses and municipalities to offer fast charging for all DC-capable electric vehicles.

Internet sites:
GM: www.chevrolet.com/bolt

Cargo volume: 16.9 ft³

Horsepower: 200

0-60 in 6.5 sec.

One pedal driving.

Bolt EV offers the peace of mind of a 100,000 mile or 8-year warranty,
Maintenance- they suggest rotation of tires 7,500 miles Yes check the fluids, and other items on maintenance chart. –*- Special: No-gas/oil.

#12 ·
A few comments:

The USA has 120V and 240V power, not 110 and 220. Please state the current drawn for the charging times you quote at each voltage level.

The DC fast charging info is inconsistent. If it really does charge at 80 kW, then it should add over 35 kWh in 30 minutes if starting from near fully discharged. The Bolt gets about 4.0 mi / kWh, so that should be 140 miles of range. Where does the "90 mile" value come from? You can resolve this discrepancy if you quote the current drawn during charging. I do not have a Bolt so I cannot measure this. Also, the chargers near me supply only a max of 125 A.

I suggest noting that the 16.9 ft³ cargo volume is with the rear seats up, and it is much larger with them down.

I doubt that the warranty info is correct - is the car really fully warranteed against all failures for 100,000 mi or 8 years?

You may want to add that you can charge at home and never go to a gas station again.

#13 ·
I don't think an info sheet is a bad idea at all. We get stopped all the time and asked about our RV and I wish I had a handout sometimes :)

The warranty needs to be clarified for sure. One pedal driving, spelled p-e-d-a-l
Agree with the 120v & 240v point. Not 110/220. I'm bad about using those numbers too

Otherwise, looking good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.