GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I only had time to drive the Bolt around the DC Convention Center, as they were running late on test drives, but here are some first impressions...

- Solid car
- Quiet inside - better than the Spark EV of course
- Rear view camera is neat
- Parking camera(s) are really cool - was easy to parallel park when I brought the car back
- Seats are narrow - meaning, the side support can dig in, if you have a wide stature
- Nice room for a tall person - I'm 6'4", plenty of head and leg room, even in back seat (see below)
- No seat lumbar - hopefully a future power seat will be added, but since the Volt doesn't have them, I'm not holding my breath
- Seat has 3 manual adjustments - forward and back, up/down, back tilt
- Easy to get in and out of once the seats are positioned
- Steering wheel is telescoping - up and down too
- Needs a little more refinement in materials to be given the $40K+ badge of honor

Nice car - should sell well. Better ride than I expected. Really a solid ride (due to the weight). As a Spark EV owner, it was still very shocking for me to see a Chevy product with about 160 miles left on the battery.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Looks Like you and Barry had fun playing with GM's new toy. Wish I could have been there.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
I only had time to drive the Bolt around the DC Convention Center, as they were running late on test drives, but here are some first impressions...

- Solid car
- Quiet inside - better than the Spark EV of course
- Rear view camera is neat
- Parking camera(s) are really cool - was easy to parallel park when I brought the car back
- Seats are narrow - meaning, the side support can dig in, if you have a wide stature
- No seat lumbar - hopefully a future power seat will be added, but since the Volt doesn't have them, I'm not holding my breath
- Easy to get in and out of once the seats are positioned
- Steering wheel is telescoping - up and down too
- Needs a little more refinement in materials to be given the $40K+ badge of honor

Nice car - should sell well. Better ride than I expected. Really a solid ride (due to the weight). As a Spark EV owner, it was still very shocking for me to see a Chevy product with about 160 miles left on the battery.

Anyone there today give a shoutout to the only MD Bolt owner?! I asked ari_c to do it. :D

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GM had their "B" team there today. Local marketing people from DC, or what I term "organizers." Nice people, but no deep, in-depth knowledge of the car. The guy in my car, who I've seen before at other events, just recently first drove the Bolt.

Whoa... that shifter by the way. That's quite a change.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
GM had their "B" team there today. Local marketing people from DC, or what I term "organizers." Nice people, but no deep, in-depth knowledge of the car. The guy in my car, who I've seen before at other events, just recently first drove the Bolt.

Ok....so even if I wanted to crash the party, no one worthy would have been there anyways. =/

Perhaps the "A" team is in Cali for that Bolt press event that was held yesterday.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

Sounds more like the Z team compared to last years GM people.

·
Administrator
19,979 Posts
Test drives? Sigh. The Chicago Auto Show organizers saw no need. Chevy marketing FAIL.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
It is always a bit tricky giving rides at an auto show, too many people and need the space. However, I do recall Jeep giving rides at CAS before.

I will be heading to Chicago on the 15th to check out the Bolt EV, rides or no :) I imagine it will be lucky if the battery is charged amd if the car can be turned on, I would like to check out the rear view mirror camera.

I agree though, marketing should step it up. Show up at National Drive Electric week events and such.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I drove an XT5 loaner for a week and barely got used to it. (Same shifter except for 'M'anual mode.) I don't see the advantage over something like Volt's shifter (or ELR. Even better.) I'll bet that people will have trouble remembering that to hit 'P'ark ya need to press the park button instead of shoving the shifter all the way forward.

Supposedly, Bolt will shift to park by itself if left alone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts