GM Volt Forum banner

Bolt EV driver dead pedal foot rest mat

11K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  JuneBug 
#1 ·
The driver's left foot rest is just carpeted, no rubber. With winter salt and such, I knew that would not be adequate.

While my wife and I were cleaning out the garage (to make room for the Bolt), my wife found some old car floor mats and pitched them in the garbage. Hmmmm. I fished them out, did a little measuring and what do you know? The left side embossed curve I cut along is almost perfect for the tapering dead pedal foot rest mat. With Velcro added to the backside it stays put. This seems like a great opportunity for Scarlett to sell inexpensive, durable rubber foot rest mats.

Vehicle Car Floor

So, I have scissors jacks for rotating tires, the calipers are painted, clear bra installed, Thule cross bars assembled and ready for carrying 4 foot wide sheets (165 lb max). Only thing left is getting a spare wheel/tire.

See less See more
#2 ·
There is a member who sells the Bolt foot rest prefabricated. I bought one for my Chevy Equinox. Search the forums.

#3 ·
I saw that too, Raymondjram. Hard ABS plastic that's 3D printed and $35? Rubber and free (other than the Velcro) did it for me :)

#5 · (Edited)
The Bolt footrest is actually $30 shipped Priority Mail, not $35, and it matches the appearance of the brake pedal to keep the OEM factory look. The hard plastic means that it feels less spongy underfoot than the factory carpet.

You get what you pay for.
Thanks for the clarification on price. Mine was free and works great. I'm happy with my recycled floor mat as it does what's needed. It also has a dot pattern :)

That's not taking anything away from your version. Not everyone has a floor mat, scissors, velcro and the inclination to make one like I did.

#7 ·
Everyone's standards and circumstances are different. I like EldRick's foot rest and in dryer climates (little rain) would get one in a heartbeat since I wouldn't need all weather mats. Since I DO need all weather mats and protection for the dead pedal, I opted to do what I found somewhere on forums and buy WeatherTech's All Vehicle Mats (universal) which are trim to fit per the following wiki:

http://www.electricvehiclewiki.com/Chevy_Bolt_Floor_Mats

It looks okay to me and was cheap ($50 at Target). I personally don't like the feel of all weather mats but since the interior of the Bolt is grey, it's easier to see staining from rain water. On my old Volt, interior was black so I didn't care about stains and just vacuumed the OEM carpet mats.

#10 ·
I picked up a nice Alfa Romeo dead foot pedal on eBay and velcroed it to my carpet and it fits perfectly. It looks snazzy.
Yup. Velcro is your friend. Chevy really should have some rubber there.

#11 ·
The driver's left foot rest is just carpeted, no rubber. With winter salt and such, I knew that would not be adequate.

While my wife and I were cleaning out the garage (to make room for the Bolt), my wife found some old car floor mats and pitched them in the garbage. Hmmmm. I fished them out, did a little measuring and what do you know? The left side embossed curve I cut along is almost perfect for the tapering dead pedal foot rest mat. With Velcro added to the backside it stays put. This seems like a great opportunity for Scarlett to sell inexpensive, durable rubber foot rest mats.

View attachment 139418 View attachment 139426

So, I have scissors jacks for rotating tires, the calipers are painted, clear bra installed, Thule cross bars assembled and ready for carrying 4 foot wide sheets (165 lb max). Only thing left is getting a spare wheel/tire.
I have been looking for an alternative for a while. Here is a great solution I found:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TLTFKX3
It has color options too.

#13 ·
When I was scanning over the new posts my eye caught Bolt EV driver dead!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.