GM Volt Forum banner

Bolt EV build & price website up now

6K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  bluzer1 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Thanks.

FINALLY Chevy put up the build + price site. Pretty much the whole world had the configurator except Chevy. Lol

#4 · (Edited)
Hopefully this will shut up some of the Tesla Fan Boys that have been claiming for months now that GM could never sell it for less than $50K.

I just built my "dream" BOLT and it came to $43,990. Subtract $7500 = $36,490

I hope GM sells a boat load of these puppies.

#7 ·
"We see you configured a vehicle that isn't on our lot yet, might I suggest a Silverado? We have a great 20% off cashback/end month sale"...

#9 ·
Damn. I can't get it the way I want. I want an LT for its painted wheels and smooth roof, but can't get leather seats instead of cloth.

#10 ·
And it looks like the 110v charger must be ordered as an option. Without it, I'd have to find a public charger when I visit my brother who lives 150 miles away.

#11 ·
Nope, that's an additional charging cord. Come standard with a 120V OEM charging cord.

#13 ·
A few interesting items from the configuration site:

1. The light ash gray-ceramic white leather comes with a MUCH lighter-colored gray dashboard than the other leather colors. I'm starting to regret ordering this interior color, as I've heard the light-colored dash can cause problems with front visibility, due to reflection on the windshield. I hope it'll be ok.
2. If I did my math correctly, the monthly lease payments are approximately equivalent to a residual value of 52% of the net sales price (i.e., net of the $7,500 federal tax credit). My math was based on a premier with most options except DCFC and floor mats, the same 2.9% interest rate illustrated for the financing, and a 36-month term with up to $15k miles per year. I understand GM may be structuring the lease differently, using the gross sale price and something like a 57% residual, but the net payments seem fairly reasonable. Of course, you would not want to buy the car at 57% of gross after three years - you'd either negotiate it down at that point, or just walk away.
3. GM's website can be extremely slow - changing colors takes forever!

#14 ·
GM is certainly a fan of advertising hard leasing numbers such as "only $299/mo with $2499 due at signing!"...I'd imagine whenever next month starts (sometimes automakers start the "new" month on the first Monday of the month) we'll see the hard numbers...

#15 ·
#22 ·
Wondering if you'll be able to purchase aftermarket rails - and not be forced into the Prem Bolt.

Major fail on both my Volts was no way to do a roof rack - and no aftermarket options other than those suction cups. Let's not turn the roof into the roof into a Model X roof - okay ? ;-)

#25 ·
I really wish the LT could be configured with the same features as the Premier, or the Premier configured with cloth seats and painted alloys. At the LA show the cloth interior felt (well, looked; it was on the turntable) much less plasticky and cheap than the Premier with monotone grey.

My ideal Bolt would be a Premier with two-tone cloth and painted alloys. Looking forward to seeing how customers respond to the car.

#28 ·
...My ideal Bolt would be a Premier with two-tone cloth and painted alloys. ...
Agreed ! Some people don't like leather and it is always the first thing to show wear, and the smell, :(, what is that?

I'd want an LT with cloth and the 'cold weather package' heated seats and steering wheel. And all new cars should have a back up cam.

#29 ·
I can see how some people (esp. vegans) wouldn't want leather.
But what's your trick for keeping cloth looking nice for LONGER than leather? BTW by long I mean 12+ years, I'm sure it would be fine if you flip cars every 2-3 years.
My experience with cloth is they go fast unless you put covers on which never fit well and look like cr@p.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.