GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
20,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see some dealer stickers with the info package saying Bose 6 speaker and the Chevy.com build site says Bose Premium 7 speaker. Are they the same thing? Doesn't seem like it to me.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
There is only one premium sound offering, which is Bose on the Bolt, so the difference is likely calling the sub a speaker, or not

·
Administrator
20,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is only one premium sound offering, which is Bose on the Bolt, so the difference is likely calling the sub a speaker, or not
That was my thought as well. Removing the Bose speaker option removes a bunch of other things as well, all of which are on the sticker.

·
Administrator
20,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
On the other hand, there's not a single Bolt Premier window sticker I have seen with the Infotainment package that lists 7 speaker/subwoofer. All list 6 speakers, no subwoofer mention. Seems odd that GM would spell it out differently in the Bolt Build section. I wonder if it's a typo or if the "7 Speakers" is actually a 2018 spec, not 2017. I even called a dealer, they said, "No subwoofer"

·
Administrator
20,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mystery solved. The window sticker for the Premier with Infotainment upgrade lists "Audio System, Bose 6 Speaker", but if you dig down below the cargo space, remove the black foam tray holding the tow-eye bolt you will see the black, curved Bose subwoofer and it's aluminum power brick. Most dealers have no clue and will insist there is no subwoofer.

Bolt EV Bose Subwoofer.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts