GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
No idea about the LA Auto Show but for seats the LT Trim has only one seating option: Dark Galvanized/Sky Cool Gray cloth. That is likely what you're referring to. The Premier Trim has three leather options: Dark Galvanized/Sky Cool Gray, Dark Galvanized Gray and Light Ash Gray/Ceramic White. Maybe one of these is what you're seeing?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the show and saw it in person today. It is one-tone leather, not two-tone, so I suppose it can only be the Dark Galvanized Gray. It is definitely lighter than I was expecting. Much more of a light gray than black. I'd have ordered this color leather if I'd been able to see it in advance, but was concerned it would be too dark (and hot) - apparently it isn't.

The Bolt is getting decent interest in LA. They had two on display, but only one was open and I had to line up for a few minutes' wait to sit inside. It seemed nice. I could wish it was slightly larger, with higher-quality interior materials and a nicer-looking exterior - but it's really pretty good. I would gladly pay a higher price for the Buick or Cadillac version, but since those don't exist will likely go with the Chevy Bolt.

·
Administrator
19,968 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Visited the LA auto-show today - sat in the bolt twice with a break in between; the seat were surprisingly not comfortable because they are too narrow. I am 5'10" @ 185 lb. The seat sides curve out as if they were racing seats to hold you in when you cornering, but the seats are too narrow, so my shoulders were resting on the sides that stick out. Other man in my party made the same comments and I overheard a family sitting in the car the same time making the same comment. Not sure why Chevy chose to make the seats this way.
The Bolt go plenty of attention the the auto-show. Not test driving unfortunately.

How was the seat comfort for you?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How was the seat comfort for you?
It was fine. I found both front and rear seats comfortable. I think I got what has been bothering some people - the driver's seat does kind of feel like it's holding you in place, around your lower back. I did not find it unpleasant, though maybe someone who's unusually wide would have a problem (I'm no lightweight myself - 6'1", 205). My shoulders felt comfortable, I did not notice any narrowness of the seats around the shoulders. Apparently these seats work well for some people and not for others, so it would probably be best to try them out for yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts