GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Thanks for sharing. And using the "find charging stations" shocked me, there are TWO PUBLIC DCFC stations within 5 miles of my house here in Swansea IL. I was unaware of that and both are within ONE MILE of Interstate 64.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I think we had these numbers before but it's great to have them where you can compare them easily. A little larger than the Volt but smaller than the Model S and the Nissan Leaf. In truth a lot depends on how usable the space is. Presumably the space in the Bolt EV is quite useful. Interesting that it's smaller than the Leaf. The Leaf wasn't very comfortable in the back seat but did have a large well in the trunk which wasn't that useful. It could carry a lot of stuff.

·
1,308 Posts
I think we had these numbers before but it's great to have them where you can compare them easily. A little larger than the Volt but smaller than the Model S and the Nissan Leaf. In truth a lot depends on how usable the space is. Presumably the space in the Bolt EV is quite useful. Interesting that it's smaller than the Leaf. The Leaf wasn't very comfortable in the back seat but did have a large well in the trunk which wasn't that useful. It could carry a lot of stuff.
The Bolt EV has a little more passenger room than the LEAF but less hatch storage. On the other hand, the rear seat folds flat whereas early LEAFs had problems with that but I think was improved for today's LEAF.

From memory, the LEAF passenger room is about 92.4 cubic feet and Bolt EV is 94.4. The Bolt's hatch area is 16.9 and the LEAF's is around 23. Everyone who has been in the Bolt back seat seems to say it is roomy and comfortable.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Thanks for sharing. And using the "find charging stations" shocked me, there are TWO PUBLIC DCFC stations within 5 miles of my house here in Swansea IL. I was unaware of that and both are within ONE MILE of Interstate 64.
The CCS network is growing faster than most people think. The link provided on fueleconomy.gov is pretty good but plugshare is still more up to date and has more locations listed yet.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Wow. Walgreens (a pharmacy) has DCFC?? I need to go check that out.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
From memory, the LEAF passenger room is about 92.4 cubic feet and Bolt EV is 94.4. The Bolt's hatch area is 16.9 and the LEAF's is around 23. Everyone who has been in the Bolt back seat seems to say it is roomy and comfortable.
The actual space configuration is important. I literally couldn't sit in the back of the Model S when it came out. Plenty of leg room but the lack of headroom was insane. I had to hold my head at a right angle.

Something similar with the Leaf. The Leaf had a huge well in the hatch area. This added a lot of cubic feet to the cargo area, but prevented getting a flat area when the seats were folded down. The Rx was an accessory which fit in the well and had a lid -- something like what is on the Bolt EV -- but the accessory came with its own set of issues. Mostly having a flat area just let everything roll around, and you could lose things that slid down the side of the accessory where it would be out of sight. I ended up with some very funky fruit because of that.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The actual space configuration is important. I literally couldn't sit in the back of the Model S when it came out. Plenty of leg room but the lack of headroom was insane.
I had the same issue with the Volt, which is why I'm not driving one and am now anxiously awaiting the chance to take a Bolt EV for a test ride.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I had the same issue with the Volt, which is why I'm not driving one and am now anxiously awaiting the chance to take a Bolt EV for a test ride.
I solved this by getting an ELR, which has no back seat to speak of. LOL Headroom in the Volt was OK for some, and I don't sit in the back of my own car, but the lack of legroom made it suitable only for shorter drives if you planned on taking passengers.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The rear headroom on the Volt, Model S, and a few other cars seems to be lacking. Luckily, the Bolt looks to remedy that.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. My tiny little Prius C has far better rear seat accommodations than the Volt. The Bolt is barely larger on the outside and I'm hoping that it will be at least as big on the inside. I already know that it's turning radius isn't as tight as the Prius C, but I can easily live with that if everything else is up to snuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts