GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of us in the DC area have heard 3 different BOLT ads running on WTOP (FM station running news and traffic). The first ad, which I heard in the afternoon, talked about the car having a range enough to travel from Annapolis, MD to Ocean City, MD and back, on a single charge. The second ad, which a friend heard, talked about having enough range to go from Annapolis, MD to Virginia Beach, VA on a single charge. Finally, a third ad talked about traveling back and forth from Washington, DC to Annapolis, MD, 3 times, on a single charge.

These are ads localized to the area, but not placed by any direct dealer. It's nice to hear more of these on the air and it's certainly an interesting way to market the car for people who may commute or travel in the area.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I guess it is more like a public service announcement than an actual sales ad.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The same type of radio spot is airing on 880AM in NYC....

It mentions that you can drive from Manhattan to Montauk and back on a single charge.

Are they "stretching the truth" a wee bit on that claim? Well, maybe... according to Google it's 121mi each way and according to Distance-cities dot com it's 117.3mi each way.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Same here in L.A. I think Chevy or whoever the ad sponsor is, is hyping the car in anticipation of the long July 4 weekend and I think the sales reports for June and July will be up for both Bolt and Volt.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Same here in L.A. I think Chevy or whoever the ad sponsor is, is hyping the car in anticipation of the long July 4 weekend and I think the sales reports for June and July will be up for both Bolt and Volt.
I think August will see a large bump in BOLT sales, as factory orders for all non-launch states that just opened the books on 1 June will be hitting the dealerships for delivery. I predict easily above 2k for Aug, but perhaps there is an outside shot for 3k+.

As for the Bolt's range, driving 238 miles on a single charge is child's play. I'm shooting for ~315 or so miles on a single charge, driving across the whole state of Maryland. It'll be Ocean City or bust this weekend!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
The same type of radio spot is airing on 880AM in NYC....

It mentions that you can drive from Manhattan to Montauk and back on a single charge.

Are they "stretching the truth" a wee bit on that claim? Well, maybe... according to Google it's 121mi each way and according to Distance-cities dot com it's 117.3mi each way.
Haven't heard that one on CBS yet, but I've heard plenty for the Prime.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've heard a localized for Boston area radio ad on WBZ 1030 AM the last 3 nights driving home. Aired around 5:45 PM right in the middle of the home bound commute. Just after the daily Toyota infomercial that airs at 5:35 each day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts