GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Monday I was returning from a visit to Home Depot in my city of Bayamon. As I was traveling north on Highway #167 and reached the intersection below the toll expressway bridge (Highway #22), I saw a BMW i3 EV next to me on my left (driver side) rolling slowly. I had to wait until the traffic light turned red to stop and the i3 stopped, then I reached for my phone and took this picture. I waited until the traffic light changed to get a rear picture but it was slow to move out, and it took a left turn toward the bridge ramp to the west on Highway #22.

It is taller but shorter than my Regal (a secton of its white mirror is seen at the right corner of the picture), and the doors are also thinner. It is a four seater with artificial materials, while my Regal seats five in luxury leather. For all that I saw, the only point in the i3's favor is that it is an EV.

Definitely the Hybrid Malibu will be a much better offer than the i3!

BTW, the palm trees in the picture are all around our local highways. We have them everywhere. I had two at home, but I had to cut one down. I still keep one that is over 18 feet tall and 38 years old. And those spots on the picture are from my dirty glass window. It rained the past weekend and I haven't cleaned the glass.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Monday I was returning from a visit to Home Depot in my city of Bayamon. As I was traveling north on Highway #167 and reached the intersection below the toll expressway bridge (Highway #22), I saw a BMW i3 EV next to me on my left (driver side) rolling slowly. I had to wait until the traffic light turned red to stop and the i3 stopped, then I reached for my phone and took this picture. I waited until the traffic light changed to get a rear picture but it was slow to move out, and it took a left turn toward the bridge ramp to the west on Highway #22.

It is taller but shorter than my Regal (a secton of its white mirror is seen at the right corner of the picture), and the doors are also thinner. It is a four seater with artificial materials, while my Regal seats five in luxury leather. For all that I saw, the only point in the i3's favor is that it is an EV.

Definitely the Hybrid Malibu will be a much better offer than the i3!

BTW, the palm trees in the picture are all around our local highways. We have them everywhere. I had two at home, but I had to cut one down. I still keep one that is over 18 feet tall and 38 years old. And those spots on the picture are from my dirty glass window. It rained the past weekend and I haven't cleaned the glass.
One passed me on the highway the other day. I thought it looks rather ugly from the back.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I think BMW managed to make it look ugly from EVERY direction. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow. Seriously, can we (Volt owner) just simply STOP bashing all non-Volt cars out there???? It is getting old. I like my Volt but come on, the BMW i3 is simply brilliant no matter what is said or much better one feels after criticizing it. Such a stereotype.

Thanks for the cool photo and post Raymond! Take your time deciding on your next electric car and enjoy.

·
Administrator
22,795 Posts
I saw my first BMW i3 yesterday. Orange/Black. At quick glance it did not look so awful, and I gave the driver a thumbs up. :)

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Wow. Seriously, can we (Volt owner) just simply STOP bashing all non-Volt cars out there???? It is getting old. I like my Volt but come on, the BMW i3 is simply brilliant no matter what is said or much better one feels after criticizing it. Such a stereotype.

Thanks for the cool photo and post Raymond! Take your time deciding on your next electric car and enjoy.
I don't have to love every single EV or plug-in that comes out. I'm sure there are some good points about the i3 (like more EV range), and it's characteristics suit some drivers perfectly or at least better than the Volt. That doesn't change my opinion that it looked rather ugly to me and I'm sure the person buying one doesn't care even a tiny bit that I think it's rather ugly.

If we're only allowed to post complimentary comments, this forum will soon not be worth reading at all.

·
Registered
14,037 Posts

You think it's brilliant. I think it's fugly and silly. How is 70+ miles of ev range then 70 miles of gas range brilliant? I can't fathom driving this to Chicagoland and back as I would need a fuel stop every hour.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
You think it's brilliant. I think it's fugly and silly. How is 70+ miles of ev range then 70 miles of gas range brilliant? I can't fathom driving this to Chicagoland and back as I would need a fuel stop every hour.
It it brilliant compared to 70+ mile EV and works brilliantly for it's intended purpose, 70+ mile EV without range anxiety. It's not so brillint for purposes out of it's design envelope. For anyone on Volt forum, that design envelope is most likely too limiting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.