GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just gotten a 2017 Volt this week. Android Auto is working fine however bluetooth phone calls aren't. I was just on a call that kept disconnecting the bluetooth, I was able to reconnect and then a minute later it would disconnect (the call wasn't lost, the phone just reverted to non bluetooth). Phone is a Nexus 6P running Android N, I haven't had any bluetooth problems with any other device while running Android N and it worked fine on the 11 year old car that I just traded in.

Has anyone else had bluetooth problems?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Since the final version of Android N isn't due until this fall, you're running a preview version of "N".

I suggest you bug it with Google and put Marshmallow back on your phone, if hands free is important to you. Every BT device is different. Just because it works on one device doesn't automatically mean it'll work on everything.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I don't think it is using BT when you have a cable connection for Android Auto. Try the BT with the cable disconnected. Try other quality cables.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it is using BT when you have a cable connection for Android Auto. Try the BT with the cable disconnected. Try other quality cables.
The disconnect problem happened when I wasn't connected to USB, it was just straight bluetooth.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Have you tried turning BT off and on? If that doesn't work then forget the car connection turn BT off and on and search for the car again.
There are lots of sites that have this info about android M or N or other Nexus devices.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am two weeks into my 2017 Volt (love it) and have the same issue with my bluetooth connection. I have 5.0.2 on my HTC One that has worked with no problems on my headset or my wife's car. The Volt's BT connection has been very unreliable. I might get 2 minutes of connection one time and 30 minutes the next time, but most trips it disconnects/reconnects 3-4 times. I have deleted/forgot and set up the connection again and have even tried an old suggestion of not allowing contacts to update. I was planning to do more research before asking on here, but since you raised the issue, I figured I would at least let you know that you are not alone.

Other than that, my only problem is getting my wife to remember to not park in my spot (blocks the charger cable). :)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I'm disappointed to see BT issues on the new Volts. This is, still, a chief complaint with my '13 and I had hoped by now Chevy had fixed it. I've gotten used to its quirks (despite numerous dealer visits)--it still drops out when streaming music over BT. I finally got the Chevy infotainment to admit that the radio is underpowered with processing power and when you've got NAV running and other items on the console it just can't handle it. I can say that I don't have too many disconnect issues now--but I did. Maybe you'll luck out with a software update.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts