GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2017 Volt.

Phone connects via bluetooth without issues but most times the audio does not play. The phone is playing but the sound is not coming from the car.

I have tried repairing, disconnecting, restarting phone. Often when I plug in the cable for Android Auto it also does not play but once I can get it going with Android Auto the bluetooth works also.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
872 Posts
New 2017 Volt.

Phone connects via bluetooth without issues but most times the audio does not play. The phone is playing but the sound is not coming from the car.

I have tried repairing, disconnecting, restarting phone. Often when I plug in the cable for Android Auto it also does not play but once I can get it going with Android Auto the bluetooth works also.

Any suggestions?
Did you make sure the source is set to Bluetooth in the radio? You have to tap the "Source" icon a few times, and you have to do it every time you connect...*sigh*

As for Android Auto, does your Projection icon change to Android Auto? You should be able to open it and choose your audio app. If that still doesn't result in audio playing, you might have an issue with your sound system.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If the projection button doesn't change to Android Auto then check your cable. I've found most cables don't work. I'm currently using the one that came with my Nvidia Shield and that works fine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the same issue with my iPhone as well, it shows it playing on the display and on the phone but doesn't make a sound. I usually have to power off the radio once or twice to fix the problem. Just hold the power button for a few seconds and it will turn off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts