GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using my iPhone 5 to play Pandora via bluetooth in my MY2013 Volt. The music plays great. The song/artist/album names display correctly. However, the album art that appears is different from the album art in the Pandora app. In some cases, album art from another of the artist's albums appears. In other cases, a generic, genre-specific image is displayed (there's one for rock, one for blues, etc.). In other cases, the bluetooth logo appears.

Is this normal behavior?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is this a Pandora bug or a Gracenote bug? Anything streamed wirelessly with bluetooth uses Gracenote lookup data.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Geez, talk about your First World Problems!

Back in my day (2012) we didn't even have bluetooth audio... We had to hack our own solutions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Its a gracenote issue. The volt has an onboard gracenote album art database. Even if you have album art on the streamed music (Pandora or downloaded music) the volt does not use this, instead it looks up the artist in its own database. This leads to missing artwork for obscure or new artists as well as incorrect music. Funny enough neromanceres I he Alice in chains artwork when I play Alan Jackson. I wish it would just show artwork that is embedded if its already there. Other devices can do this.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well, you're doing better than me. I recently downloaded the Pandora app, but my radio does not acknowledge that it is installed for some reason. The icon remains grayed out on the screen. Not sure if its a Bluetooth issue or if I am supposed to connect via USB to make it work. BT works for most other aspects, although I have noticed the connection will periodically drop and resync. (iPhone 5 btw)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, you're doing better than me. I recently downloaded the Pandora app, but my radio does not acknowledge that it is installed for some reason. The icon remains grayed out on the screen. Not sure if its a Bluetooth issue or if I am supposed to connect via USB to make it work. BT works for most other aspects, although I have noticed the connection will periodically drop and resync. (iPhone 5 btw)
If you want to use the built-in Pandora app on the Volt, you have to connect your iPhone 5 to the car with the USB cable. I just open the Pandora app on my phone and stream wirelessly via bluetooth while the phone sits in my pocket.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are you using the Pandora App? Can't speak for the iPhone, but with Android, if I run Pandora through bluetooth only (not using the built-in app), I get the album art for the last song I played from google music in the Volt. Might be similar if you aren't using the Volt's Pandora App.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've been getting incorrect backgroupd art on XM for months. It used to be right...with an American flag on the politics stations...a jukebox on musics stations...a picture of the earth on news stations, etc. But now they're all jumbled. Kinda funny though...the politics station now gets the art for the comedy stations...two laughing masks. So at least the screwed up art is funny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts