GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2014 Gen 1 volt, the IPhone bluetooth has started not releasing the control of the audio. An example would be while listening to the radio, and after a turn by turn direction is given by Google Maps, the screen remains in "paused" mode forcing me to select the radio source after each direction. I talked with Apple and Chevy about the issue, Chevy said this is a known problem and they have asked Apple for a fix. I am surprised it is still not fixed and also have not seen any mention of it here. Anybody else having this problem?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
It is easy to fix. Just swap it for an Android phone.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I almost agree with Raymondjram, but I've got a lot vested in IOS devices to jump to android. I am fed up with the dozen patch updates between iOS and pandora and it's still a complete failure in the Volt.. I don't blame the MyLink Volt head unit at all... If this new iOS version isn't any better, I may consider scaling down my iOS devices and try Android. I would have jumped to Android earlier, but my friends were dumping the 'note4' and the like for iPhones.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Yeah right Ray. Why not switch to a Ford as well...

I assume that by 'listening to the radio' this means iPhone source such as Pandora or iPhone audio files.

Does the source work wired/USB without the NAV integration issue?

Is turn-by-turn GM NAV or iPhone?

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Apple is a member of the BIG-boys bluetooth club and as such HAS to follow the latest spec on any NEW equipment

Which is why we have firmware updates and the audio people need to plan for that

I have not tried Google map direction on my phone with the ios 9.3.5 but do get a call disconnected voice message while waiting for Siri after saying Voice---bluetooth but my next command always works.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have this issue too, using Waze on an iPhone 5s with a 2014 Volt.

I've noticed it's more likely to restore audio to the original source (usually FM for me) if the display is active/on on the phone. If I have the phone's display off/dark, it pretty much alway gets stuck at "pause".

Does anyone know if there are firmware releases for the cars entertainment / center console, what each release addresses, and how to tell what we have installed in our cars? IF there's a specific version mean to address this, I might get the dealer to install it.

- Lumos
2014 Gen 1

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Lobos,

No I mean regular radio. when the regular radio (FM) is interrupted by the bluetooth, it does not return to radio.

Its Google Maps . . .I really hate the GM Nav . . .seems to prefer some local roads over interstates even though they are slower.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lumos,

Not for me, my display is active with Google maps and it gets stuck. I got it down to pressing source twice which gets me back to FM, so I am longer fumbling around going through screens to get the radio back. Still a driving distraction.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I took my old Moto X with lan access, paired it and placed a call via google voice/hangouts, went to the voice mail of the receiving line, then hung up . . . and it returned from bluetooth to radio. So my volt works with android it seems. Next is pair my wife's IPhone to the car and see if it reacts the same as my IPhone.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
we should see 10.0 iOS this Tuesday. guess we will see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts