GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Volt has suddenly stopped connecting with any of my phones. When I try to delete the phones the screen freezes after I push yes. Also the phones have the Volt listed but do not see it. The Stealer has had the the car twice and his best advise was to delete the phones- even though we can't. What should my next step be?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
My 2013 Volt has suddenly stopped connecting with any of my phones. When I try to delete the phones the screen freezes after I push yes. Also the phones have the Volt listed but do not see it. The Stealer has had the the car twice and his best advise was to delete the phones- even though we can't. What should my next step be?
Contact an advisor and make the dealer responsible for the fix. If they cant figure out how to fix it, they are obligated to replace the unit under warranty. And insist that you get a Volt loaner. If they cant give you a Volt, ask them to reimburse gas for the ICE Vehicle they provide

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
...And insist that you get a Volt loaner. If they cant give you a Volt, ask them to reimburse gas for the ICE Vehicle they provide
Is that something that we can actually demand?

Our dealer does not have their own loaner vehicles. Enterprise Rentals is on the same lot and the dealer provides a reimbursement code to them for the fees.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Look for a different dealer in your area. They may have a better service department...

Also, check with your Volt Advisor.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Try deleting the connection from the phone. With my GS3 I lose the bluetooth connection about once a month. The most reliable way I have found to get it back is to delete the pairing on the phone and then reboot the phone. Then try to pair with the car.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've found in my 2012 when the bluetooth stops working, it is a sign that the Onstar module has stopped responding. In the 2011-2012 models (I'm not sure about newer models), bluetooth is integrated into the Onstar module. Check to see if Onstar is still working (no green light on overhead console or compass on screen stopped working). If it isn't working, go to the fuse panel on the driver side door and pull the F9 fuse (Onstar module) and then put it back in. It has worked for me and some others.

URL:
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?71729-Bluetooth-broken.-Please-help!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Sounds like Bluetooth problems abound. Yours is a bit puzzling though because it's significantly different than the issue I had. My 2013 lost contact with my LG Cosmos yesterday. I rebooted the phone and then used the voice command "select device" to link it back up. No deleting/pairing required. Prior to the phone reboot, the "select device" command timed out without finding the device.

Hopefully yours can be fixed without too much more dealership involvement...

3,608 Posts
Is that something that we can actually demand?

Our dealer does not have their own loaner vehicles. Enterprise Rentals is on the same lot and the dealer provides a reimbursement code to them for the fees.
Hi Norm,

Fuel reimbursement is on a case by case basis, I would recommend speaking with your Advisor. As for the Volt as a rental it depends on the Dealership if they have one in their fleet or if Enterprise has one as well.

-Ian Chevrolet EV Customer Service

3,608 Posts
Evening Dgold91321,

I apologize that you are having this concern. Please shoot me a PM with the last 8 of your VIN and the best way for you to be reached. I will have your Dedicated Advisor contact you!

Thank you,

-Ian Chevrolet EV Customer Service

·
Registered
1 Posts
This week I had the no blue tooth/Onstar problem, along with no display on the Compass. Nav System continued to work. This is on a 2012 Volt. I pulled the F9 fuse for a few minutes and all was good after that. This is my first post on this forum, which is a fantastic place to learn about the Volt. I bought my 2012 in April of this year. Is was used with 18,000 km on odometer. I sold a 2006 Charger R/T to get the Volt after looking at several other economical cars. Love driving it everyday. We have actually started travelling a bit more on weekends without thinking about how much gas we would be using. My commute to work would have cost me about $450 a month here in Toronto - 107 km (68 miles) round trip. The Volt is costing about $80 a month (can't charge at work).

·
Registered
220 Posts
... and pull the F9 fuse (Onstar module) and then put it back in. It has worked for me and some others.
+1 and thanks. I tried this last time my phone stopped connecting and it worked for me. This was much easier and less frustrating than doing it with deleting connections, rebooting my phone, and repairing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Try deleting the connection from the phone. With my GS3 I lose the bluetooth connection about once a month. The most reliable way I have found to get it back is to delete the pairing on the phone and then reboot the phone. Then try to pair with the car.
I have had issues with my S3 also, it's happened twice so far. It would pair and connect, but it would then drop the Bluetooth connection after a few minutes. After deleting the pair and re-pair (in the first case I did it a few times) it would stay connected. I installed a new ROM on the phone and had the same issue the second time. It only took one re-pairing to have the connection stick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts