GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Volt has started dropping blue tooth phone connections. After the loss of the blue tooth connection, the touch screen phone icon goes gray. Then the phone reconnects and the icon glows red. Worse is the fact that the Volt is really bad a playing music from a usb thumb drive. Sometimes the car does not recognize that the drive is plugged into the usb port. Other times it starts playing music and then stops and the touch screen goes completely black. After a minute or so the touch screen revives and a different song starts playing. Screen then goes black again, etc. Taking to dealer tomorrow. Have had car for less than two months. Shame on Chevrolet!

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
It might be as simple as a loose connection. You should hold on to your shaming until you know the cause of the problem. If it is a loose connection, perhaps an assembler is to blame. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took to Chevy Dealer who was advised by GM that a software update was needed. It was downloaded and I was told the problem was solved. Within 10 minutes after I picked up, it was clear that the problem was not fixed. Immediately took back to Chevy dealer (steam coming out of my ears) who got me a rental car. Yesterday, Chevy dealer advised that there is something called a "human interface device" that may need to be replaced. I wonder how long it will take to fix a 3 month old 2017 Chevy Volt....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts