GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting to see if anyone has some insight as to whether this was due to an error on the part of the technician or just random chance.

I brought my new 2016 Volt (~300 miles) in for the Android Auto update at the dealership today. I believe it was their first time doing this update, as there was some confusion on their part and they actually returned the car to be after just doing the ECM (32340) update and I had to explain to them about the Android Auto update and provide the bulletin number (16-NA-042).

It took several hours before they finally said after the update they had a check engine light come on that they were trying to diagnose. After another hour of watching the tech look inside the center console, in the trunk, and finally put the car on the lift and look underneath above the transmission they said there was a blown fuse of some special variety that they don't stock and it will be three days before they can even tell me when one will be in.

I also heard the tech on the phone with GM's Volt people telling them he followed all the steps and providing them with some additional info.

So, my main concern is did I make a mistake in my eagerness to get this update by letting my car be the guinea pig for this dealership? Is blowing this fuse something that could have resulted from an error by the technician? Has anyone heard of this before, and could there be more issues going on here?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yes i was a guinea pig also. To do AA, the tech used an old thumb drive that he had used for years for other updates but later found out that he needed to use a specific type of thumb drive with a specifc format. Because he didnt use it he damaged the HMI interface behind the infotainment screen. As a result, i hax to wait a week before the part arrived and they could give it another try. A month later GM updated the bulletin to be more specific about the usb thumb drive to be used during the AA update. If you read the long thread about AA you'llfind some similar stories about techs and volt owners being guinea pigs until the bulletin was updated. Not a smooth roll out for sure.

From your description, it appears your issue might be something different because you mentioned a blown fuse but just thought I'd let you know my issue. I'd been following the AA thread but i dont remember anyone mentioned a blown fuse during the AA so you might be the first. Hope you get your issue resolved soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts