GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Can’t say that I recall mine ever making a sound, maybe if I forgot to turn it off but I’ll have to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
My 2013 did that once. I reset the radio and it came back.

·
Registered
605 Posts
The radio reset may be a good thing to try. The sound is piped through the same speakers as those used for the chime so I've noticed there is no blinker sound if I'm driving in a parking lot without my seat belt and the seat belt chime is going off: it can't play both at the same time apparently.

Mike

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
If you figure out how to keep them OFF, please let me know. So darn loud.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you figure out how to keep them OFF, please let me know. So darn loud.
YES! Why are the blinkers/chimes/bongs so loud in this car? They're like 3x+ louder than any other car.

My favorite mod so far is unplugging the driver's seat belt buckle sensor so I don't have to listen to that piercingly loud chime as soon as I power on the car without my seat belt buckled up.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well it came back after a shutdown and restart, weird...
Same thing happened with my 2017 - same resolution as well (started working after a shutdown/restart).

Note YMMV but eventually my radio did freeze and start acting weird after this encounter and I had to reset it by pulling the three fuses (radio, display, and infotainment). Haven't had an issue since.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Lucky. All the sounds the Volt makes are so annoyingly loud.

Open door chime, seatbelt, blinker, etc.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Some of the non-safety sound can adjust via the vol knob when the sound is playing.

Do not think we ever make a list of those before.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm sure that's going to be one where there are differing opinions, but I agree the chime sound in particular is so loud it just about splits my head open. I looked through the settings and I already have the chime setting on the lowest volume. Still WAY too loud!

Mike

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm sure that's going to be one where there are differing opinions, but I agree the chime sound in particular is so loud it just about splits my head open. I looked through the settings and I already have the chime setting on the lowest volume. Still WAY too loud!

Mike
You can stop the seat belt unbuckled chime by unplugging the electrical connector on the driver's seat belt receptacle. The door chime will only go if you're still in D/L and open the door I think, so mostly no chimes. Which is a good thing given how loud it is...

·
Registered
197 Posts
What I'm complaining about is that when I go to the settings and set the chime to the lowest setting, it is still ear splittingly loud.

Mike
What year is yours? I’m going to pay specific attention in my 2017 but I’ve never touched the settings and mine does not seem loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
790 Posts
I know sounds are subjective but I've never had a problem with any of the sounds the car makes except for the charge cord theft alert which scared me to death the first time it happened when my car was in my garage. Fortunately that one was easy to turn off.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
This happened to my 2017 and I simply adjusted the volume while the blinker was on and it came back.

The only beeps I find particularly annoying are the triple beep when I leave the car running and close the driver door. It's particularly loud, and given that the car won't lock with the key inside, it seems particularly superfluous.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts