GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 was purchased with the poverty package (comfort package). Wife recently piloted a vehicle with blindside detection / cross traffic detection and asked if it could be added to our volt. Brand motion offers a radar based system that uses toyota radar transceivers.

Anyone install on a volt?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My 2017 was purchased with the poverty package (comfort package). Wife recently piloted a vehicle with blindside detection / cross traffic detection and asked if it could be added to our volt. Brand motion offers a radar based system that uses toyota radar transceivers.

Anyone install on a volt?
Not yet but I’m very interested too. We have a premier and a bare bones LT. The premier has that feature and I like it. My wife doesn’t care too much about that. Goshers makes a similar radar based blind spot/cross unit. Is apparently pricey — $500. How much is the Brandmotion one and does it get good reviews? Apparently the radar based ones work much better than the old ultrasonic ones. I’m more immediately going to get blind spot mirrors for now and am looking at adding a windshield collision avoidance aftermarket system as a greater if not more expensive priority, as I discuss in another thread in this sub forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked up the unit on Amazon for about 5-1/2 bones which was below MAP, the prices has now changed to the MAP value. I'll install it in the next few weeks and update with results.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I picked up the unit on Amazon for about 5-1/2 bones which was below MAP, the prices has now changed to the MAP value. I'll install it in the next few weeks and update with results.
Thanks.

The shop that is going to put in the collision avoidance system says they charge about $1000 for this cross/blind spot system installed, because they put the radar sensors on the frame behind the bumper cover. They take the bumper cover off to do that. They said that the sensors are not adequately secured unless you install that way. Not the way I’d want to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the cover comes off. I had contacted Brandmotion with images of the mount location from a hitch install video. They confirmed my mount locations would work. I'll be putting on a hitch at same time as the radar install so the cover should only have to come off once.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, the cover comes off. I had contacted Brandmotion with images of the mount location from a hitch install video. They confirmed my mount locations would work. I'll be putting on a hitch at same time as the radar install so the cover should only have to come off once.
Can you provide a picture of the mount location for us please I'd like to see where it should be mounted. I'm thinking about installing intr on my base LT.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts