GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is off topic but you guys are the experts and I need answers. I have driven cars for over 40 years and in just the last 5 years, I and some of my friends and family have repeatedly had our cars and trucks poop bombed by the birds...usually near the mirrors (ok they are attacking the bird in the mirror...I get that)
BUT why now....why just the last 5 or so years....never had a car or truck poop mirror bombed in the 70s, 80, or 90s.
Have we got a new species of birds here in NC?
Is it global warming?
Are the birds getting more aggressive?
Is the electronic emissions (Onstar) on newer cars that causes the attacks?
Are mirrors bigger?

I would love to hear everyones ideas.....meanwhile I am headed back out to clean up the poop...

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Are you sure it's a new species of bird? From the size of the poop, I'm convinced it's pterodactyl's bombing my car.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Red is the birds favorite color followed by blue according to research studies.
Keep a spray bottle of water in the car.
A fast spritz will save the acid etching the paint.
...and a good wax helps too.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
What color and texture is the poop? Because if it is blue with bunches of seeds, it could be a black beer eating blueberries and just messing with your mind...

Not really.

I have gotten really careful about where I park. Remember that birds usually defecate as they start to fly. You would crap every time you stood up, too, if you never had a solid crap in your life. Probably doesn't hurt that it makes them a bit lighter when they are at their least aerodynamic moments.
I have spent a good amount of time thanking God for the large intestine. The world would be a messier place without it.

On edit: el Dobro, I thought my comment was going to be the silliest in the thread, but you kicked it to the curb. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
One time on a drive vacation, I parked the car under a small tree and away from other cars as I thought it would be safe. When I returned hours later, it was completely covered. Not just a few spots, I mean completely covered. I could barely see out the windshield and I dared not try the wipers. My white car was bird poop grey. I found a manual car wash around the corner from the hotel. I pulled up to the guy at the door of the car wash and I shrugged my shoulders and said "what ever it costs, go for it". The guy tells me $6.00. I was floored. I drive in, one guy with a pressure spray, two guys with wash brushes and it took them about 30 minutes of spraying and scrubbing. Then off to a rinse guy and then out to 4 guys with rags to dry it. Unbelievable. This was in New Jersey just outside of NYC. I left a $20 tip and still felt like I got the best car wash deal of the century and that they deserved more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts