GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone asked GM whether they recommend putting a bike rack on a Volt, I have 3 bikes to carry and cannot put them in the car as there will be people/kids in the seats. I assume as the Volt is similar in shape/size to the Cruze so any rack that fits on a Cruze would in turn fit on a Volt.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
It's quite unlikely you'd be able to place a hitch bike rack on the car, as the backup light is centered where you'd want to put the hitch.

It should be just like any other hatchback, so you'll need long straps for the top hooks. Otherwise, if they ship my car on Job 1, I'll let you know it a couple weeks :)

Do any of the CAB members bike? Can someone who's going to the Dec 4th CAB drive in Torrance bring a bike rack to try out?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi! I just bought my new Volt on Saturday (3/26) --- SO EXCITING --- and really wish that someone out there had some experience with using a bike rack on theirs. I've been driving a Prius for the past 5 years, & remember that when I bought it, adding a hitch was quite controversial. However, I "got 'er done", & have hauled 4 bikes on that little car many times.

I really wish that I could mount a hitch ---- planning to go to our local hitch mounting place sometime this week, & will let you know what they say.

Have you tried a window mount one yet? I have such bad memories of those, that it is not something I'm excited about doing. If there's a suggested model, I'd love some feedback!

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bike Rack Question

(my first time on this site -- I sent this as a "reply", & am now posting it as a "reply to thread". Please forgive the duplication, Tassie)

Hi! I just bought my new Volt on Saturday (3/26) --- SO EXCITING --- and really wish that someone out there had some experience with using a bike rack on theirs. I've been driving a Prius for the past 5 years, & remember that when I bought it, adding a hitch was quite controversial. However, I "got 'er done", & have hauled 4 bikes on that little car many times.

I really wish that I could mount a hitch ---- planning to go to our local hitch mounting place sometime this week, & will let you know what they say.

Have you tried a window mount one yet? I have such bad memories of those, that it is not something I'm excited about doing. If there's a suggested model, I'd love some feedback!

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,431 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts