GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone feel the excel sheet we download from My volt could have a better layout?

Like date separate from hours, hour in 24 hours format

Should we have one excel sheet with all the data on it so we would not have to merge them?

Be able to select date extraction date or better auto-email the last month details on the 1st

What are the enhancement you would like to see? like adding a column for temperature...

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
In my case 12 month give me the total for each month no details. To get details I need to download 30 days and need to remember to do it every 30/31 of each month
Yes, this what I do. I use an Outlook Meeting reminder, so I don't forget. Then I download the data and color code the data to separate my home charging details from my work (free to me) charging details. Then I add the cost for each kWhr. with a sum total. Home charging costs me ~$40/month and work is probably just a bit over half of that. Business rates are less because they use a lot more. The downloaded data is NOT completely accurate, but good enough for estimating the costs.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
I'd be happy with accurate and complete data from MyVolt. The data they show for my 2013 Volt is missing over 30% of what the car has actually used and miles driven.

Still waiting for the OnStar rep to contact me about all my missing data, which BTW is all visible in my Trip A odometer.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'd be happy with accurate and complete data from MyVolt. The data they show for my 2013 Volt is missing over 30% of what the car has actually used and miles driven.

Still waiting for the OnStar rep to contact me about all my missing data, which BTW is all visible in my Trip A odometer.
30% loss seems high. The Volt data is probably what is going into the batteries from the onboard charger. There is some loss through the chargerbut I wouldn't expect it to be that high. I also don't know if the Volt data includes climate precondioning. A more accurate number for kWhrs used would be from a KillaWatt or one of the many current clamp devices like TED.

·
Registered
739 Posts
This is a sore subject...

The My Volt website and data is so bad and so broken, that I would settle for simply having it work before even hoping for improving the data provided :)

This month again I cannot access or download last 12 month of charging information; last month it was the mileage information that would not download; the mileage popup to download data doe not work on IE11 etc.....

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
30% loss seems high. The Volt data is probably what is going into the batteries from the onboard charger. There is some loss through the chargerbut I wouldn't expect it to be that high. I also don't know if the Volt data includes climate precondioning. A more accurate number for kWhrs used would be from a KillaWatt or one of the many current clamp devices like TED.
What I mean is my car has over 3600 miles yet MyVolt only displays about 2200, the same applies to gas used, my Trip A shows over 15 gallons used yet MyVolt shows less than 4 gallons. It's the basic data MyVolt is missing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sounds like getting good data is going to be a lot of work. We have come a long way since my 59 Volvo, but our expectations are greater as well. So far, I like what I'm getting from the Torque app, but I don't think it will make the spreadsheet any better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts