GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know from either experience or maybe the battery system specification what is the ideal ambient temperature for the best battery range - mileage range??? I have an idea but it's just a guess!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Probably from 75-85 degrees F. (as long as you don't turn on the air conditioning) :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Batteries prefer largely the same temps that humans do.

That being said, your farthest range will be at whatever temperature you don't have to run any climate control. Any other variances from differences in temperature a few degrees one way or the other in the pack itself are minuscule compared to a few minutes of blasting the heater.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I just did a 39.8 mile round trip to the dentist with an estimated 9 miles of electric range remaining. It is now 73 here. I had the AC set to 73 comfort / auto (the sun was bright and I was uncomfortable with "fan only). The trip was largely 45 to 50 MPH catching few traffic lights, but I had about 6 to 8 miles of freeway, taken at around 65. Generally, I get a bit less than 40 miles EV range, with the low going down to 25 miles this past winter. (And I do not drive in "L" or MM)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts