·
Registered
103 Posts
Excellent, very nice work!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Great job!

I have no problem at all with that view. If the rest of the car looks as good, GM has a winner.

<Keep rubbin that rabbit's foot.>

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

Thanks a bunch for the comments. I believe that with another video and some key shots, I can recreate the entire front without the blue sheet. I might even take a stab at it before then.

If I had a 3d program (and some time) I believe I could bring the car to life now, but Sept 16th is not too long to wait. Based on what I've seen, I'm pleased with what the designers were able to do to keep the signature Volt elements from the concept. It's still an open question about the countoured side window treatments, but fingers are crossed that they've managed to keep them intact.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the full front reveal...

I've attached the latest full front reveal rendering below. The lower half (below the grill line) was taken from the ABC News video, but the screen grab was a bit fuzzy and not as sharp as the upper portion of the vehicle (which was captured from another frame of the video where the camera was more stabilized).

If the ABC crawl graphics had not been on that shot, the quality would be even better. I imagine ABC has enough footage on the cutting room floor, that if I had it in my possession, I could create a very highly realistic rendering of what you are likely to see in Sept 16.

More at PetroZero blog

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
hmmm, maybe, by my impression is that the original photo has some distortion due to the wide-angle lens used giving the impression that there's more bulge/curve to the front end than there really is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts