GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Administrator
Supply chain issues. Lot's are in-line waiting for a Gen 2 Volt replacement BECM. Waiting many, many months does not seem uncommon unfortunately. It seems like a fair number have been failing.

Administrator
Are failures limited to certain year Volts?
Use the Search for BECM, look in the thread titles to see the year. Of course not everyone is considerate enough to post their car year either in the thread or in their signature. I notice your signature does not list your car or year for example 馃槙

Administrator
There have been a number of recent posts by members who had their BECM replaced in April. Most seem to have waited 1-2 months.

Administrator
I suggested to the GM lady the possibolity of getting an attorney and starting a class action against GM since so many Volt owners are having this same issue. She said if I contact an attorney then she can't help me any more and all future contact would have to be with their legal dept. Depending on any feedback on this site I wonder how many Volt owners would be willing to join a class action to make GM finally take us seriously enough to make this a priority. When DirecTV had a similar class action filed by their customers that company lost billions and ended up being bought by AT&T for pennies on the dollar. Look what happened to VW after their bad press. GM could end up being sold to China if they don't get their SHT together soon.
Any joiners?
This "let's do a class action" idea comes up from time to time. Then we never hear from the person again. My guess is the cost of years of litigation makes it a non-starter or attorneys don't want this on contingency.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts