GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what size battery is installed in the Tesla Model 3 when the sales price is $29,500 (after tax credit) as advertised? I can't seem to find that information. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I would go with ~60 as well. That seems to be a "sweet spot" as far as being able to provide sufficient range and low enough cost to make an EV affordable for mass production. It's possible they may go with something smaller if they can get the efficiency higher than the current S/X.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
I think it has to be 60 kWh as well. I can't see Elon allowing the Model 3's EPA range to be less than the Bolt EV's, and I don't think the base Model 3 can hit 240 miles of range without a 60 kWh battery.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
If Tesla hasn't announced it already, the best we can do here is a Scientific Wild Ass Guess. Doesn't say anything on the Tesla site?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
First model 3 is delivered but the battery size is unknown?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
First model 3 is delivered but the battery size is unknown?
Welllll, it wasn't delivered to a real customer...First Tesla Model 3s To Be Delivered To Company Employees for final shakedowns...:)

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
If Tesla hasn't announced it already, the best we can do here is a Scientific Wild Ass Guess. Doesn't say anything on the Tesla site?
To make matters worse, they are releasing only the larger battery versions first. So we still don't know what the entry level Model 3 will look like.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
So, what size battery is installed in the Tesla Model 3 when the sales price is $29,500 (after tax credit) as advertised? I can't seem to find that information. Thanks.
It could be as small as 45 kWh based on expected Cd and 215 mile range if it is efficient. Elon has stated it is smaller than Bolt EV battery, but that was some time ago.

My guess is Elon was clear the base price of the Model 3 will be $35k with no tax credit. I take that to mean that the $35k model will not be available until after the tax credit is gone (or at least greatly reduced). My guess is first Model 3 will be around $50k, maybe more if it comes with a mid range battery size. That would slot it nicely below model S. It really depends on what people order initially and how quick they ramp up production, etc. If they reach 5k a week by December, they might get to 35k model pretty quickly. Maybe they start with 35k model, but given glass roofs on pre production cars, my guess is they are not base.

·
Registered
13,663 Posts
You must mean unscientific WAG.

·
Registered
13,663 Posts
I don't know where you are getting this $29.5k price. $35k minus $7.5k is $27.5k.

But unless you are an early reservation holder, it won't matter as you'll be waiting a long time and the price will jump to $35k or more depending on the options you choose. I for one was in line and gave up my spot citing the fact that the model 3 is about the size of the volt, and I don't need another volt-sized car, I need something bigger.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
So, what size battery is installed in the Tesla Model 3 .....
This is a mystery to hundreds of thousands of place holders.

And yet Fan Bois will defend this mystery and tell you it's a good thing.:p

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
A model 3 (or any Tesla) costing less than $30k is Elon's Snark. Hunt all you want, you are never likely to find one. The initial M3s will probably be well optioned to generate earnings and then the tax credit will be gone.

KNS

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
This is a mystery to hundreds of thousands of place holders.

And yet Fan Bois will defend this mystery and tell you it's a good thing.:p
if you had read the reddit thread with video of the SN1 car you would cringe. some were hyped for power windows or even better, frameless. I mean they as if somehow the car has features never seen before.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts