GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Volt family,

I took my 2013 volt for the above recall last year and the next day the charge indicator was showing 60mi charge, which at first made me really happy, but of course, I realized that was impossible...
I called the dealer and they asked me to take the vehicle back only to tell me that I had to allow for the software to "calibrate" for a few months. It has been a year and I still get weird readings. (took it twice already and was told the same thing).

I finally took the car back two days ago because the car did not charge for a couple of days and I thought it may be in connection with the battery indicator (the car will show fully charge in the greeting message, but when the vehicle was started the indicator will show 0mi). However, the dealer told me that the vehicle was not giving any readings or codes so there is really not much they could do about it. I told the rep the issue started as soon as the recall was done and maybe they need to re-do or reprogram or whatever the recall required them to do, but apparently that is not a choice?

Is anyone else having this problem? Can a reprogram help this issue?. Unfortunately, I don't know much about cars less a hybrid, but I feel like the dealer is just not willing to fix the problem and that worries me because it may cause other problems down the road.

I asked the dealer to open a ticket with GM anyway since they said they never heard of this issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2012 Volt and the ONLY time I get a reading >43 miles is when I go down a steep mountain (like coming home from Lake Tahoe to San Francisco, the mileage indicator can climb to over 60 mile of range due to the way the Volt calculates range. The computer looks at the recent "mile per Kilovolt" and does not know the car has been "coasting" going a long distance with very little battery discharge. I think I peaked at 67 miles going down the Kingsberry grade out of Lake Tahoe to Carson City, NV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts