GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My outdoor temperature display is reading nearly 20 degrees low. Does anyone have any idea why or how to fix it?

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Have you or the previous owner dik'd with the temp sensor in the grill area for ERDDT reasons?
That's the first place to check.
If it looks unmolested you could measure the resistance of the temp sensor unplugged and see if it is in range.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Probably a bad sensor. Shouldn't take much to replace it. Can't imagine it was fooled with for ERDTT purpose since you'd think it would read higher not lower if that were the case.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am the original owner and I haven't done a sensor mod. I'll check out the thread and see how much trouble it is to find the sensor.

Does anyone know of a reason that I can't just ignore this situation?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
You can ignore it until such time that it gets cold enough for ERDTT to start, even though it's still quite warm outside.
Your call if you can live with that or want it fixed.
The sensor is like $5, but it's a huge PITA to get out of the hole in the bumper.

Your HVAC settings may be impacted on auto (really only an issue when you're at the tipping point between barely hot and it will think it's still cold out because -20 offset - but it has cabin temp feedback as well. It just won't use max cooling because it thinks its pretty cool out already)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I'd fix it now before it starts costing you money. It's a lot easier to work on it now than when it gets cold out. Your engine runs enough in MN winters without something to make it run more often.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's Fahrenheit.

Since the part is cheap, I guess I'll tackle it since colchiro is surely correct about Minnesota winters.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
The part is cheap, but now's a good time to consider if you want to install the ERDTT mod at the same time (to prevent it running so often in the winter). I'm four hours NW of you so I know all about winters in the Twin Cities. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts