GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Prius lovers, don't watch this!...loved it.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Wow, they were impressed! I'm surprised they didn't have any negatives (other than the center stack touch controls). I thought they would say that the Prius at least gets better MPG compared to the Volt's CS mode.

GM couldn't ask for any better endorsement than this.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I had to leave a comment:

Great video. All 100% true. I especially agree with the lead-in words: "This is the most advanced vehicle certainly that we have ever had, and I put it to you that it's probably the most advanced vehicle on the road today." My Volt (VIN #541) has over 8,000 flawless and nearly gas-free miles. Yes, it is better than my prior BMW!!!

·
Administrator
20,582 Posts
Well, it will be interesting to see how the PiP performs. Many anti-Volt GM haters are looking to Toyota to school GM on how electric's are done. They expect the PiP to be better in every way than the Volt. From what I have read so far, that's unlikely to be the case except for the price of a loaded PiP being perhaps a thousand or so less after tax credit.

However, it would not surprise me if the folks over at Edmunds and Consumer Reports already have their "PiP beats Volt" articles written and are simply waiting to get one to drive so they don't look as biased as they seem to be.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Well, it will be interesting to see how the PiP performs...
There are some pre-production PIP tests out there. Here are a couple from CNET:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-20031538-48.html

http://cnettv.cnet.com/2012-toyota-prius-plug/9742-1_53-50100083.html

It is the same cheap-feeling, economy car as before only it will go 12 miles under 62MPH from its new Lithium Ion battery. Brian Cooley suggested that Toyota dump the regular Prius and make all of them PIP. I agree.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I loved the review even though it didn't tell me anything I already know. It is nice hearing a car reviewer rave about how the 1st gen Volt blows away the 3rd gen Prius. Well said!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I wonder what the driving experience in the PiP feels like in all-EV mode compared to the Volt since it's electric motor has much less horsepower and torque.

Also, for those people that are concerned about the safety of driving around with a big battery in the Volt, imagine how they will feel about the PiP when they see the battery in the truck ready to be naiiled in a rear end collision.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And a tank full of gasoline is any better?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts