GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Looking into my GDS 2 under front view camera module, there is a automatic high beam displayed in the data as off.
I haven't seen this feature being talked about at all, either here or in the manual, am I missing something? Does my 2013 volt have it?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Perhaps it's an option on the ELR? AFAIK Volt has no auto highbeams

·
Registered
606 Posts
The Gen2 Volt has auto high beams. There's a button on the side of the turn signal lever.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
The Gen2 Volt has auto high beams. There's a button on the side of the turn signal lever.
The automatic high beams have to be enabled by pressing the button on the turn signal stalk each time you start the Volt. This feature is found on the 2016 and 2017 Volt Premier (not available on LT), not sure if this is still only a Premier feature on the 2018, 2019.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
On the 2013, the button on the turn signal stalk will beep the pedestrian horn :)

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
On the 2013, the button on the turn signal stalk will beep the pedestrian horn :)
Not certain where the pedestrian horn button is located but the Auto High Beam button is a square button that is in an inconvenient location about half way down the stalk on the inside.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Not certain where the pedestrian horn button is located but the Auto High Beam button is a square button that is in an inconvenient location about half way down the stalk on the inside.
Gen 2 doesn't have a pedestrian alert, does it? "Half way down the stalk", I think you mean steering column? Stalks refer to the levers sticking out of the steering column.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Gen 2 doesn't have a pedestrian alert, does it? "Half way down the stalk", I think you mean steering column? Stalks refer to the levers sticking out of the steering column.
No, Gen 2 does not have the Pedestrian Alert horn feature. Gen 2 Volts have the noisemaker/speaker that is active below 30 KPH (17 MPH) anytime the Volt is shifted out of Park. The stalk I was referring to is the turn signal stalk, that is where the Auto High Beam button is located half way down the stalk on the side facing the driver. It is awkward to reach for the Auto High Beam button because you have to reach behind the left spoke of the steering wheel and find the button with your left hand/thumb. If you are wearing gloves it is more difficult to find, press the Auto High Beam button without taking you eyes off the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts