GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just showed up in my DIC anybody know what it's about or how to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I'd say clean the windshield if it is a camera equipped car, and clean the front grill by the radar.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I hosed down the car yesterday because it had tons of salt on it so maybe that move something around or blocked something I will check

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cleaned the grill area, which was really just wet. That seems to have fixed it....

·
Registered
250 Posts
The various sensors can get blocked by snow, extreme rain, dirt, etc. The car will let you know when everything from a parking sensor, to adaptive cruise, to collision avoidance isn't available. First time it happened, I freaked out...then I figured out what was going on and was thankful.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If this is an issue with a relatively low tech version of a self driving car, I wonder how the sensors to self driving cars will truly affected by snow and salt on the roads

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
If this is an issue with a relatively low tech version of a self driving car, I wonder how the sensors to self driving cars will truly affected by snow and salt on the roads
Obviously, Thing* will wipe those sensors, lol.

*See Addams Family

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
It should be able to drive itself through a car wash.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have taken it through the automatic brushless touchless carwash several times never had an issue with any of the sensors until this time when I used a garden hose and blasted the grill directly to get the salt out. Maybe that was too much for it.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Interesting. A quick interwebbythingy search indicates salt water absorbs more RADAR than fresh water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts