GM Volt Forum banner

AutoExtremist: Electric Cadillac Acid Test.

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jbfalaska 
I wonder if GM reads many of these published reviews?

I was planning on getting a volt and then I drove an ELR. Now I am torn. The ELR is just so much nicer in every respect for what I need/want. The problem of course is the price... Everyone obviously has there own opinions as to what the improvements are worth, but sales data seems to agree with what most are saying (and anyone who googles "ELR" comes back with articles critical of the price and now ones that proclaim how terrible sales have been).

I still may end up getting a volt, but I have a few months to wait and see what GM is going to do about ELR sales.

I am fortunate to live in CO, where we get not only the $7500 federal tax credit, but also a $6000 state income tax credit for the ELR ($4400 for the volt).

I have gone and talked with several local Cadillac dealers in the area, and they are becoming increasing motivated to move these out. The best deal I have seen locally so far is a red with premium (78k MSRP) for $64k before tax credits. That makes it $50.5k after tax credits for CO residents. I'm going to wait until at least July to see what GM has in store, but that car is in Boulder,CO just in case anyone is looking to get one right now.

-Chris
I've never heard nor read anyone say it is not a nice car, a really nice car! And at $14K off MSRP it's getting interesting. At $18K off it's time to talk.

How long do you have to keep the car to get the CO credits?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.