1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jan/11/auto-show-revs-up-detroit/
Auto show revs up Detroit
Big Three show comeback in global market

As you look at these breathtaking new vehicles, I ask you to remember that they represent more than creative thinking and brilliant design. They represent the fact that American manufacturing and American industry is back. And they represent another proud chapter in America’s history - a story about picking ourselves up and dusting ourselves off. A story about digging in and refusing to give up,” said Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, visiting from Washington on Monday to open the show with patriotic praise.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
A ton of great efficient vehicles. I think the Ford Fusion plug-in coming out in 12 months comes the closest to the Volt but the engine comes on above certain speeds and acceleration like the plug in Prius does. This makes a huge difference. The average consumer will not know that I would imagine. It's a subtle but important difference.

MrEnergyCzar

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
But the news about the auto show is biased against American brands

That Detroit auto show has many brands, including the three American largest. But the local news about the show picked ten cars, and only mentions Ford and Chrysler among the ten. The other eight are foreign. I thought that this was an American show!

Are the reporters paid to show only foreign cars now? Where is the American spirit among reporters?

The last blow is the Hyundai Elantra was chosen as the "North American Car" of 2012. Is South Korea an American territory now?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Now when their car is the American Car of the year. I think it time we can solve our budget problem by taxing them for the protection we have provided for 50 years against the North, A few hundred billion USD would be a good first downpayment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts