GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Auto Heated Seats turned on but it does not seem to work. Does anyone know at what temperatures does this turn on? Will seats warm with preconditioning?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Not sure why they write manuals but here you go:

Remote Start Auto Heated Seats
When it is cold outside, the heated
seats turn on automatically during a
remote vehicle start. If the vehicle
has auto heated seats, the seat
heating level will automatically
change to the level required by the
vehicle's interior temperature when
the vehicle is turned on.
The indicator lights on the heated
seat buttons do not turn on during a
remote start.
The temperature performance of an
unoccupied seat may be reduced.
This is normal.
The heated seats will not turn on
during a remote start unless the
heated seats feature is enabled in
the vehicle personalization menu.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Page 11 in your owners manual

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
"the seat
heating level will automatically
change to the level required by the
vehicle's interior temperature when
the vehicle is turned on."

What the manual does not tell you is what temp the interior/exterior has to be to activate the auto-seat heaters. In my last car, if the outside temp was below 40F and you did a remote start, the seat and steering wheel heaters for the driver would activate.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know what - I think I am done with this board. These responses have made me upset and angry. I checked the manual and maybe Page 143 wasn't clear enough for me hence why I came to ask other owners for an opinion. Dammit - this makes me really frustrated - I asked for advice/help and not attitude.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
You know what - I think I am done with this board. These responses have made me upset and angry. I checked the manual and maybe Page 143 wasn't clear enough for me hence why I came to ask other owners for an opinion. Dammit - this makes me really frustrated - I asked for advice/help and not attitude.
Sorry for your frustration. I was agreeing with you. The manual is not definitive on this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think you will find this type of response on any board. The "sarcasm" of the response was a bit holier than thou, but didn't even answer the question about temperature, so I understand the frustration.

I just noticed this morning, we had a cold morning, that the seat heaters came on to the lowest level, it was 46 out. I'm guessing that is pretty close to turn on point.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I think it would make more sense to use the temperature in the cabin to control seat heaters. If I was designing the system, I would only use the exterior temperature to anticipate interior temperature changes. In other words, if it was very cold outside, the inside temperature will drop quicker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I understand the frustration too. Having done tech support for a few years (on both sides of the line, as provider and requester), an idea that might help is to have added something like "I've looked through the manual and what it had wasn't too clear" or "... but I still have some questions" to the post. Essentially an indication that an attempt was made to find the answer before posting.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I understand the frustration too. Having done tech support for a few years (on both sides of the line, as provider and requester), an idea that might help is to have added something like "I've looked through the manual and what it had wasn't too clear" or "... but I still have some questions" to the post. Essentially an indication that an attempt was made to find the answer before posting.
I would agree with that. The second part of the OPs question was clearly in the manual. Too often rather than look it up themselves, people will just ask a question in a forum. If the OP HAD looked it up it wasn't apparent from his question.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
There goes another Christmas card.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Sorry, I thought my paste from the manual answered both of your questions: The seats do warm with remote start if set properly, and the heat setting is variable based on interior temp, warmer less heat colder more heat.

Granted there is no exact number but it does seem that the seats adjusts to the interior temp as it warms. I suspect this is to keep the heating element from premature failure. It will not get as warm as it does when you get in and power on the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.