GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
20,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auto Haulers Don't Know Anything About Elon Musk's Claimed 'Extreme Shortage' of Car Carrier Trailers

Tesla’s issues with delivering new Model 3s to their customers are quite well-known, since Elon Musk himself tweeted about it, and earlier this week Musk clarified the issue, stating that it was based on an “extreme shortage of car carrier trailers.” The weird thing is that if there is such an “extreme shortage,” nobody but Tesla seems to know about it, even the Auto Haulers Association of America.
https://jalopnik.com/auto-haulers-dont-know-anything-about-elon-musks-claime-1829329912

Seems like an excuse for poor planning spin doctored by Musk into a some sort of positive news.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Wonder if he was referring to Home Delivery. They do it on an enclosed flatbed. Where Tesla doesn't have a sales office, they have to home deliver a vehicle. I live in Maine. The closest Tesla store is 150 miles away around Boston. I can't go there to pick up my ordered Model 3, I have to accept Home Delivery. That would seem to be a bottleneck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts