GM Volt Forum banner

Auto braking

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Loboc 
#1 ·
Has anyone experienced the collision avoidance self braking on the Gen 2 yet, just curious as to how well it works

#2 ·
Yes ONCE by mistake. I was approaching my home and for some reason my garage door was slow to open and I wasn't paying too much attention and turned in at a higher rate of speed and the FCA goes off and within a faction of a second the car braked to a STOP. I was surprised just how quickly and firmly it braked. It worked.

#4 ·
A person in the left turn bay pulled out into traffic right in front me, and the AEB reacted quicker than I could.

I have .22s average reaction times. Which is good. The Volt is better.

#5 ·
Y'all are making me wish I got a '17, but I got such a great price/warranty on my used '16 I'm not sure if it would have been fully worth it...I'm usually a safe driver, but I trust nobody on the road...

#6 · (Edited)
Cars have been getting smarter and safer for a long time. ABS brakes have been around for a while. Pretty much everyone is now trained to hit the brakes firmly instead of 'feathering' them to avoid lock-up.

It will be interesting to see what is up the collective manufacturer's sleeves.

I got a nice preview of things with the ELR. ACC and FCA were not in my vocabulary prior to this car. I didn't even know she had these features when I purchased her. Now, I use ACC every day on my commute. Makes for a much easier drive. I can't wait for full automation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.